Should i do eurorack?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!

Moderators: greatmutah, GuitarBilly

BroSlinger
Crystal Lettucer

Should i do eurorack?

Post by BroSlinger »

Can’t tell if I’m just bored or what.

As im selling a shit ton of atuff to sweetwater, i get to surf the store. They have a modular setup to dink around with. Kind of gave me the bug, but it’s completwly overwhelming. Sort of impractical too.

I’m dumb. This is dumb.

Btw, knee surgery(torn miniscus) sucks a dick. I hate it. It hurts so badly and I don’t like these pain meds.
POWERFUL MIDCUT CONTROL
GuitarBilly
Chief Executive Owl

Re: Should i do eurorack?

Post by GuitarBilly »

It's really overwhelming, but man a lot of those synths sound so good. The learning curve is a bit steep indeed. But yes, you should definitely do it. I will do it too once I am ready to invest in synths again.
Guitars:
'78 Les Paul Pro / '89 SG Special/ '04 Gibson Les Paul Classic 3 pickup / Jackson Star/ Endres Tele / Fernandes Rhoads/ ''74 Hohner MIJ strat/ 2 Partscasters

Amps:
Depends on when you ask. I got tired of constantly updating this section lol

Cabs
Marshall 1960A w V30s/ Seismic 2x12 w Redback and V30.

Questions about the forum: please PM here. Can't access the forum? Need a password reset? Please access our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuitarGearForumOfficial and message me through it.
guidedbyechoes
Hall of Fame Member

Post by guidedbyechoes »

There is a free vst that also has a paid version. it is called VCV Rack. It has a ton of emulations of real gear.

I'd check that out first to see if it's something that interests you. It's as complex or simple as you want to get but real hardware is like 100-300 dollars per piece.

But it can be a thousand dollars for a single voice monosynth with no patch recall. I prefer the semi-modular approach myself.
valtyr
Hall of Fame Member

Post by valtyr »

Eurorack is great if you know what you want to build (in my case a 4 VCO paraphonic analog synth) or want to experiment with generative music. It can be every bit the rabbit hole that guitar pedals are.

The hardest part for me was figuring out what modules I would need. If you want traditional keys, I’d suggest that you look into starting with the Nifty Keyzs by Cre8audio. It has 49 keys, several modules built in, and a little over 100 hp space for additional modules.

https://www.cre8audio.com/niftykeyz

I started out with a Nifty Keyzs and installed a Behringer Model D, so I essentially had a budget minimoog clone to play until I figured out what other modules I needed. The attached pic i what I built. I still have a bit of space left for additional modules.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.