SS Posse

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!

Moderators: greatmutah, GuitarBilly

Shask
Hall of Fame Member

Re: SS Posse

Post by Shask »

HELSTRUME wrote:Does it affect the nut height? Make the strings lower at the first fret? I can always put a graphtech nut on my Strat also.

No, it dont change the nut. It just puts a small angle on the neck, so you can raise the bridge a tad to get the strings back low to the frets.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

Sweet. I'll give it a try and see what happens.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

Put a new nut on my Raven, and set it up. Now it plays as good as its going to. And damn it took forever to get the nut perfect. No wonder people pay to get it done. Maybe OCD kicked in or something lol. Tomorrow i'm gonna shim my Strat, and reset it up. Then I will go from there :thu:
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

Shimmed my neck, and got the saddles up. I was able to get the action how I wanted it. I should have done this a long time ago. Thanks Scott.
Shask
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Shask »

HELSTRUME wrote:Shimmed my neck, and got the saddles up. I was able to get the action how I wanted it. I should have done this a long time ago. Thanks Scott.

Awesome! Yeah, I think I have always liked every bolt on I have had to have at least a little shim.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

I sat and tweaked my Strat, and got it to where it feels and plays great. Now I can never touch the settings again lol. This is the best its gonna get. I even played with the Duncan Distortions height and pole pieces, and got it to where I like the sound now. I still have the B-52 cab sitting in my closet, with the Raven. I'm not feeling the neck on it. I was hoping it had the profile the Raven LP had. It felt like my Strat. This one has that flat wide feel to it. And I don't like how low the frets are. Sad cause the guitar plays great. Oh well.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

What tuner you guys like? I'm looking at the Peterson, the Korg pitch black and the sonic research tuner.
Shask
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Shask »

HELSTRUME wrote:What tuner you guys like? I'm looking at the Peterson, the Korg pitch black and the sonic research tuner.

I have an old Peterson benchtop tuner, and a Kliq Tinytune pedal. Honestly though, I think I use my clip on Snark or Fractal FM3 tuner the most.

I know that Sonic Research tuner is very popular.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

I want something accurate for intonation and stuff. The TC pitch is also suppose to be good.
Shask
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Shask »

HELSTRUME wrote:I want something accurate for intonation and stuff. The TC pitch is also suppose to be good.

I started using my old Peterson tuner more the last few weeks, and forgot how much I liked the sweetened tuning mode. I even ordered a new power adapter for it because who knows where the original one went. I also asked for the new clip on for Christmas.

I watched a few videos of the TC Electronics, but not a huge fan of the green led display, vs. the moving screen of the Petersons.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

I just got a Korg pitchblack custom. It seems to work good. The strobe mode is suppose to be pretty accurate. If it breaks or something, I'll do the Peterson next.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

Scott, don't you have a Harley Benton 446?
Shask
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Shask »

HELSTRUME wrote:Scott, don't you have a Harley Benton 446?

No, I have a Fusion HH, and a ST-20HH Active
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

I was told the 446 had a C neck like my Strat. I might give it a try.
HELSTRUME
Hall of Fame Member

Post by HELSTRUME »

Nevermind. Both the ones you have, have thinner necks.
Shask
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Shask »

HELSTRUME wrote:Nevermind. Both the ones you have, have thinner necks.

I measured them at around 21.5 mm at the nut/first fret, so they are not that thin. Nut width was close to 42mm.