Another doom-y thing. EVH direct out

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!

Moderators: greatmutah, GuitarBilly

JiveTurkey
Crystal Lettucer

Another doom-y thing. EVH direct out

Post by JiveTurkey »

So working on a challenge at my other spot and decided to re-track with the guitars EVH direct out. One take with red, one take with blue channel using the headphone out with Axe III for post effects. Little "lead bit" is the RV50 from the Axe. This doom DKFH expansion is nice because it's all slow jams :lol: Track is too long and droney but it did allow me to do my experiment. I am still going to grab a load box here this year.

https://app.box.com/embed/preview/4kwxp ... ni6ff0zxer
GuitarBilly
Chief Executive Owl

Re: Another doom-y thing. EVH direct out

Post by GuitarBilly »

The box tag wasn't working so I removed it and kept the bare link. It works now :)

This is a really cool track and the guitar sounds great. Are you using the emulated out of the 5153? Or IRs?
Guitars:
'78 Les Paul Pro / '89 SG Special/ '04 Gibson Les Paul Classic 3 pickup / Jackson Star/ Endres Tele / Fernandes Rhoads/ ''74 Hohner MIJ strat/ 2 Partscasters

Amps:
Depends on when you ask. I got tired of constantly updating this section lol

Cabs
Marshall 1960A w V30s/ Seismic 2x12 w Redback and V30.

Questions about the forum: please PM here. Can't access the forum? Need a password reset? Please access our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuitarGearForumOfficial and message me through it.
RaceU4her
Hall of Fame Member

Post by RaceU4her »

definitely the start of something cool
JiveTurkey
Crystal Lettucer

Post by JiveTurkey »

GuitarBilly wrote:The box tag wasn't working so I removed it and kept the bare link. It works now :)

This is a really cool track and the guitar sounds great. Are you using the emulated out of the 5153? Or IRs?

Thank you sir! The box player works for me but it hides the play button and you have to figure out where to click to play.

It is one track of the blue channel, one red using the emulated out of the Stealth into my III into my interface. Tones are a bit fatter and murkier than I normally go with but fit the riffs I think?

I will say, despite having plenty of gain; the Stealth "feels" better with a boost. I just went straight in on these and I had to do a couple of takes to be consistent. There is something to be said for the "magic" of modelers :freak: :lol: that smooths over your playing just a hair in a good way. I had to work a bit more with the real amp in tracking vs. the original take with the RV50 model in the Axe I used for the first run tracking of this bit of riffage.

Here's the Axe III Rockerverb 50 model take:
https://soundcloud.com/trumpetsinmy4x12/get-the-swede?si=163789c740d4446baf1d82c151835c59&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

RaceU4her wrote:definitely the start of something cool

Thank you sir! I am going to keep at these slower paces and see if I can come up with something close to finished.
ajaxlepinski
Crystal Lettucer

Post by ajaxlepinski »

I really dig that!!! :thu: :thu:
Last edited by ajaxlepinski on Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee ● 2019 Randall Diavlo ● 2020 VHT D50 Dumble Clone
Walt wrote:But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.
ajaxlepinski
Crystal Lettucer

Post by ajaxlepinski »

Totally awesome sound!!!
Any plans to add new parts to that song? It can go in many directions!!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee ● 2019 Randall Diavlo ● 2020 VHT D50 Dumble Clone
Walt wrote:But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.