New hipshot bridge

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!

Moderators: greatmutah, GuitarBilly

guidedbyechoes
Hall of Fame Member

New hipshot bridge

Post by guidedbyechoes »

I may be late to the party but this is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hUibiRgmTk
facefirst
Hall of Fame Member

Re: New hipshot bridge

Post by facefirst »

And it’s barely noticeable.
Diddlybo
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Diddlybo »

Its for those people who like guitar but want it to look like it has a saxophone bolted to the front of it. I think they nailed it.
Statutory Gape
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Statutory Gape »

Looks like some hipster shit.
EndTime
Hall of Fame Member

Post by EndTime »

While that’s a new version of it. String benders, “B” benders and even the actual “Hipshot Bender” have been around for decades. 70s and 80s I’m talking. And looking in my old repair book right now, cause I know I remembered reading about em, this very contraption In almost it’s same configuration. So basically they are just re-introducing some old shit as new. Suppose nothing wrong with that. It’s certainly able to do some unique sounds
Slobber Rod wrote: I got my hand stuck in my ass

Like vinyl? Wanna spend some money? Maybe buy this! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38142
GuitarBilly
Chief Executive Owl

Post by GuitarBilly »

EndTime wrote:While that’s a new version of it. String benders, “B” benders and even the actual “Hipshot Bender” have been around for decades. 70s and 80s I’m talking. And looking in my old repair book right now, cause I know I remembered reading about em, this very contraption In almost it’s same configuration. So basically they are just re-introducing some old shit as new. Suppose nothing wrong with that. It’s certainly able to do some unique sounds

Yeah, this. String benders are not exactly new. James Burton was using them on Elvis records in the 60s. And Hipshot has been offering them for many decades. Actually, it was the first product they ever offered and the name "Hipshot" came from the fact their benders use hip movements, while the traditional Nashville bender required you move the guitar neck up and down.

Although this one is a G and B bender and a D-tuna combined into one bridge so that is cool and definitely a new variation in the concept, but the idea of benders is 50+ y.o. .
Guitars:
'78 Les Paul Pro / '89 SG Special/ '04 Gibson Les Paul Classic 3 pickup / Jackson Star/ Endres Tele / Fernandes Rhoads/ ''74 Hohner MIJ strat/ 2 Partscasters

Amps:
Depends on when you ask. I got tired of constantly updating this section lol

Cabs
Marshall 1960A w V30s/ Seismic 2x12 w Redback and V30.

Questions about the forum: please PM here. Can't access the forum? Need a password reset? Please access our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuitarGearForumOfficial and message me through it.
Devin
Crystal Lettucer

Post by Devin »

Diddlybo wrote:Its for those people who like guitar but want it to look like it has a saxophone bolted to the front of it. I think they nailed it.

:lol:
Whatnow2012 wrote:try humberck piskup is bettor for metal than singlecpoil for blues

Unstrung wrote:ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

guidedbyechoes
Hall of Fame Member

Post by guidedbyechoes »

Yeah the cool part to me is that you can put it on any guitar you wish instead of major work for a B bender.