Cab sims - specifically the hotone and torpedo offerings

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!

Moderators: greatmutah, GuitarBilly

indienoise
Hall of Fame Member

Cab sims - specifically the hotone and torpedo offerings

Post by indienoise »

Would love any thoughts anyone could share. I'm specifically looking at hotone omni IR or torpedo cab m. Love to hear thoughts about one, or both if you've tried them both and can compare.
It's for home practice. Cab sims built into amps are mostly trash. But I'd like to mess with my older amps too anyway. They don't get enough love.
Load box is a rock crusher so I need a cab sim after it. My big criteria are the 3.5mm aux in and headphones jack. I'm typically playing with an iPad that has weekly setlist on it, and often after the kids are gone to bed.
Having xlr is nice just to have a backup to my much simpler cab sim (read:doesn't require power)that lives in my 2x12 to feed FOH. Probably will never actually need it for live use, but doesn't hurt.
So without spending an absolute fortune, this is my shortlist. Thanks for sharing if you can.
GuitarBilly
Chief Executive Owl

Re: Cab sims - specifically the hotone and torpedo offerings

Post by GuitarBilly »

The Cab M is awesome. Really easy to use and it sounds great.

I have no experience with the Hotone but their modelers and effects have been getting rave reviews by guys like Dave Friedman and Bob Bradshaw..
Guitars:
'78 Les Paul Pro / '89 SG Special/ '04 Gibson Les Paul Classic 3 pickup / Jackson Star/ Endres Tele / Fernandes Rhoads/ ''74 Hohner MIJ strat/ 2 Partscasters

Amps:
Depends on when you ask. I got tired of constantly updating this section lol

Cabs
Marshall 1960A w V30s/ Seismic 2x12 w Redback and V30.

Questions about the forum: please PM here. Can't access the forum? Need a password reset? Please access our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuitarGearForumOfficial and message me through it.