Hi

stop by and introduce yourself

Moderators: greatmutah, GuitarBilly

wlshephard
Registered Member

Hi

Post by wlshephard »

Good afternoon,

I have not played in years, and I am going to start back up. I am a lefty and I played right-handed so I thought I would try a left-handed this time. I sold off most of my equipment years ago but kept a couple of things and bought a few things lately.

I have a:

71-73 Gibson SG that has every undesirable feature on an SG that you could get. Even the neck has no back angle. So, it won't even fit in a modern SG case. It's been redone a couple of times. The neck is got a little twist going now and of course the headstock has been broken and repaired (before I got it)

Arai Pro II XR series Jackson copy

2 Harley Benton HH satin black Tele's one righty one lefty.

Alvares RD8

Egnater Tweeker 88 Head

Mojotone Grand Canyon 4x12 cabinet with 2 Celsestion G12H 55 hertz and 2 Celestion G12M 75 hertz.

I really want 2 55 Hertz G12M Greenbacks or Blackbacks. I have the cones just need two blown up speakers to recone.
Marc G
Crystal Lettucer

Re: Hi

Post by Marc G »

welcome... how do you like the Tweaker 88?
wlshephard
Registered Member

Post by wlshephard »

I just got it and the cab and speakers. I got sick and have not had a chance to load the speakers in the cab. So hopefully I will feel better in a day or two and get them in the cab. I will let you know.
ajaxlepinski
Crystal Lettucer

Post by ajaxlepinski »

Welcome to the fold brother! This is the BEST guitar/amp forum on the interwebznet! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
:welcome:

Sorry to hear that your SG is in bad shape. As a '72 SG owner, it brakes my heart!!!

Of course, I can't turn down an opportunity to post pics of my SG! :lol:

ImageImageImage
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee ● 2019 Randall Diavlo ● 2020 VHT D50 Dumble Clone
Walt wrote:But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.
wlshephard
Registered Member

Post by wlshephard »

My SG actually looks pretty good and plays well. It's just not a very desirable specimen. The neck twist has not messed with the playability yet.

It has been painted black (twice) and the Bigsby was removed. It has new gold pickups and hardware. I was missing one of the "Gibson" embossed pickups and I have not been able to find the correct one. I will try to dig it out and take some pictures when I feel better.

I like all the mods on yours!
wlshephard
Registered Member

Post by wlshephard »

Here are a few pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wlshephard
Registered Member

Post by wlshephard »

One more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diddlybo
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Diddlybo »

Sorry man but we already have a lefty. :nope:

Just kidding. :lol: Welcome to the forum.
wlshephard
Registered Member

Post by wlshephard »

We will see how it works out playing left handed.
ajaxlepinski
Crystal Lettucer

Post by ajaxlepinski »

When you feel better, please post pics of your SG! :thu:
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● 2019 Ceriatone Model Tee ● 2019 Randall Diavlo ● 2020 VHT D50 Dumble Clone
Walt wrote:But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.
skybluegary
Hall of Fame Member

Post by skybluegary »

:welcome:

I'm also a lefty who plays right-handed
wlshephard
Registered Member

Post by wlshephard »

Thanks!