Reply to topic  [ 4429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178  Next
Official Rate The Last Movie You Saw Thread 
Hall of Fame Member

Terrifier: Hahaha... Ummmm/10

I had zero intentions of watching this just because of the name and picture shown on Netflix. A clown. Clowns are not scary. Clowns are not entertaining. So sick of this clown bullshit. However, a couple people who I respect their opinions actually enjoyed this movie, so I caved and watched it.

It's low budget. it looks low budget (the filming and the acting are lackluster). The gore is really done well though. The movie itself was entertaining as fuck to me for some reason. The Clown isn't really a clown... he just happens to be a fucking clown (i know that makes no sense). He makes no sound whatsoever in the movie and he's just a fucked up dude who does really fucked up things. The "drag" stuff had me rolling.

Good gore. laughable fun horror that is in no way supposed to be a comedy. Terrible paranormal crap BS ending that ruined the fun of it all, but that was just like an extra thing they threw in.

Good for a mindless watch.

My metal band, Contrarian

Friedman BE100 :shake:
Helix Floor

Lot's of Charvel's and Fender's

Last edited by atrox on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:30 am
GABmiral

Mandy. Trippy as F**K revenge flick by the same director who did Beyond the Black Rainbow. Probably one of the the neatest visual styles of any filmmaker I've seen since forever. Not a ton of dialog and not for a person wanting a more "normal" storytelling style as everyone is whacked out of their gourds the whole time. All those caveats duly noted; great flick.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:30 am
GABmiral

The Mummy w/ Tom Cruise . :crap: / 10 . I made it 20 min in.

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:55 am
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
Mandy. Trippy as F**K revenge flick by the same director who did Beyond the Black Rainbow. Probably one of the the neatest visual styles of any filmmaker I've seen since forever. Not a ton of dialog and not for a person wanting a more "normal" storytelling style as everyone is whacked out of their gourds the whole time. All those caveats duly noted; great flick.

yeah, this is on my list.

BTW, Arnold Schwarzenegger is in a zombie movie called Maggie, its actually pretty good if you get a chance to see it.

Hot Fuzz 7.5/10

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:13 am
GABmiral

Chris Z wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:

BTW, Arnold Schwarzenegger is in a zombie movie called Maggie, its actually pretty good if you get a chance to see it.

Hot Fuzz 7.5/10

It is probably as bizarre as I would want to go in a movie while still being semi-coherent. The visuals are just amazing and the tripped out visceral-ness(?) of it is off the charts.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
Chris Z wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:

Hot Fuzz 7.5/10

It is probably as bizarre as I would want to go in a movie while still being semi-coherent. The visuals are just amazing and the tripped out visceral-ness(?) of it is off the charts.

Jive Turkey, which of the 3 movies were you commenting on?

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:29 am
GABmiral

long standing member wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:
Chris Z wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:

Hot Fuzz 7.5/10

Jive Turkey, which of the 3 movies were you commenting on?

Mandy.

Hot Fuzz is awesome as well. Maggie was solid but didn't really trip my trigger enough one way or another.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:31 am
Hall of Fame Member

Solo - meh/10...... not that it was bad, i just got kinda bored... Chewy was the best part of the moviee

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:35 am
Hall of Fame Member

I really liked Solo, its does seem kinda long though, I always fall asleep when they start the Kessel Run. lol.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:24 am
GABmiral

atrox wrote:
Terrorizer: Hahaha... Ummmm/10

I had zero intentions of watching this just because of the name and picture shown on Netflix. A clown. Clowns are not scary. Clowns are not entertaining. So sick of this clown bullshit. However, a couple people who I respect their opinions actually enjoyed this movie, so I caved and watched it.

It's low budget. it looks low budget (the filming and the acting are lackluster). The gore is really done well though. The movie itself was entertaining as fuck to me for some reason. The Clown isn't really a clown... he just happens to be a fucking clown (i know that makes no sense). He makes no sound whatsoever in the movie and he's just a fucked up dude who does really fucked up things. The "drag" stuff had me rolling.

Good gore. laughable fun horror that is in no way supposed to be a comedy. Terrible paranormal crap BS ending that ruined the fun of it all, but that was just like an extra thing they threw in.

Watched this last night and agree completely. The actor who portrayed the clown did great. He was actually very funny; even if the subject matter was not :lol: FX were great.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:21 am
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
atrox wrote:

Watched this last night and agree completely. The actor who portrayed the clown did great. He was actually very funny; even if the subject matter was not :lol: FX were great.

The stuff when he was in drag was cracking me the fuck up. So awesome

Also, my bad on the name. Terrifier

My metal band, Contrarian

Friedman BE100 :shake:
Helix Floor

Lot's of Charvel's and Fender's

Last edited by atrox on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:43 am
GABmiral

atrox wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:
atrox wrote:

The stuff when he was in drag was cracking me the fuck up. So awesome

My wife fell asleep early on and woke up to this part :lol: She was like "WTF are you watching honey??!?!?!?" :lol:

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 am
Hall of Fame Member

Sleight: 6/10

As a slightly obsessed sleight of hand dork from childhood, I remember wanting to see this when I saw the preview; was sort of cool. Weird situation, but ok.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:20 pm
GABmiral

Re-Watched the first half of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night. I LOVED the books as a kid; despite my normal hatred for most everything science-fiction related, at least in book form. I'd seen the film years ago and enjoyed it and there was nothing else to kill time before the Sinner finale; so that was it.

Excellent cast, great performances. It's a little too, um nerd?; for my tastes. I'm a dork, but in a different sense and there are certain "put on my Star Trek pajamas and recite Dr. Who quotes" shows/movies that feel awkward with me for whatever reason :lol: Looking forward to finishing the second half this evening if time allows. Curious how it holds up against the book as I bet the last time I read the book was AT LEAST 30 years ago if not more.

:zomby:

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:40 am
Hall of Fame Member

DONT MOCK MY STAR TREK PAJAMAS!!!

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:10 am
GABmiral

Yarbicus wrote:

:lol: :clap: It was a mental toss-up for me whether you or Drae would respond first to my review :phone:

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 am
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
Yarbicus wrote:

:lol: :clap: It was a mental toss-up for me whether you or Drae would respond first to my review :phone:

It's really no contest since I have many more years of nerdness under my belt.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:00 am
Hall of Fame Member

BTW I enjoyed the movie version of Hitchhiker's but the TV show was far superior.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:10 am
GABmiral

Yarbicus wrote:
BTW I enjoyed the movie version of Hitchhiker's but the TV show was far superior.

Interesting. I don't think I knew there was a series :hmm: I'll have to add it to my queue :thu:

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 am
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
Yarbicus wrote:

Interesting. I don't think I knew there was a series :hmm: I'll have to add it to my queue :thu:

BBC. Not sure where it is available online these days.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:17 am
Hall of Fame Member

Location: I came here to give presents and punch heretics ... and I just ran out of presents.
JiveTurkey wrote:
Yarbicus wrote:

:rofl: There is much truth in what you have here said. :hmm:

Dave wrote:
Draelyc - can write a solid song, and play tasty leads despite his internal neurotic tendencies. Despite a million debates raging in his head over string guage, pickup height, Pete Townshend's sexual history, and pick material he makes his Shiva give up the goods. Plus his unplugged electric tone... well... it exists.

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Location: I came here to give presents and punch heretics ... and I just ran out of presents.
Yarbicus wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:
Yarbicus wrote:

It's really no contest since I have many more years of nerdness under my belt.

Not many :cop:

Dave wrote:
Draelyc - can write a solid song, and play tasty leads despite his internal neurotic tendencies. Despite a million debates raging in his head over string guage, pickup height, Pete Townshend's sexual history, and pick material he makes his Shiva give up the goods. Plus his unplugged electric tone... well... it exists.

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

JiveTurkey wrote:
Yarbicus wrote:

I didn't know about the series, either. And ~ heresy! ~ I've never read the books. :o But Mrs. Drae and I dig the film pretty well. But we're fans of Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett, and those influences share some geography with Adams' work (esp. Pratchett). I like Mos Def, too ~ he was one of the best parts of the remake of The Italian Job. :D

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

draelyc wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:
Yarbicus wrote:

I didn't know about the series, either. And ~ heresy! ~ I've never read the books. :o But Mrs. Drae and I dig the film pretty well. But we're fans of Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett, and those influences share some geography with Adams' work (esp. Pratchett). I like Mos Def, too ~ he was one of the best parts of the remake of The Italian Job. :D

So much for you "nerd cred." Poser.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 am
Hall of Fame Member

Yarbicus wrote:
draelyc wrote:
JiveTurkey wrote:
Yarbicus wrote:

So much for you "nerd cred." Poser.

*Poseur
:cop:

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178  Next