Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Kemper does VH 
Hall of Fame Member

This guy from Japan rips. I don't know much about him other than he plays a LOT of 80s metal.

phpBB [video]

Kemper sounds righteous but I think it's more the fingers.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:58 pm
Hall of Fame Member

K so that sounds badass.

Also, next level shit.....I know we all play guitar and a whole lot of us are better at it than the rest of us. Watching that dude with that timing and hitting those notes and then grabbing the bar right when he needs to makes me realize I'll never be great at this lol

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:27 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Clarity and s/n is really good, well done. And his playing is excellent as well.

However it still awes me that whenever somebody wants to do the ain't talking intro ends up with more gain/effects than van halen. Not that he didn't want to but, his gear at the time pretty much didn't permit it. Yet everybody chases his exact config. His words to john suhr were, oh fuck if I knew this at that time, I would definitely write them down or take pictures of the amp fuck it, everybody has bugged me about them since lol.

And still van halen played amazingly without that ton of gain on the first album. Gives you the impression that even on acoustic he'd do the same.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:27 pm
Hall of Fame Member

theghostnow wrote:
Clarity and s/n is really good, well done. And his playing is excellent as well.

However it still awes me that whenever somebody wants to do the ain't talking intro ends up with more gain/effects than van halen. Not that he didn't want to but, his gear at the time pretty much didn't permit it. Yet everybody chases his exact config. His words to john suhr were, oh fuck if I knew this at that time, I would definitely write them down or take pictures of the amp fuck it, everybody has bugged me about them since lol.

And still van halen played amazingly without that ton of gain on the first album. Gives you the impression that even on acoustic he'd do the same.

It is clear. To me that's what is good about it but wrong for VH though.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:32 am
Hall of Fame Member

Yup, too much gain/efx and also, I have to say, I wasn't impressed with his swing on this stuff. A lot of it is off to me...

Steve

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
GABmiral

sah5150 wrote:
Yup, too much gain/efx and also, I have to say, I wasn't impressed with his swing on this stuff. A lot of it is off to me...

Steve

Both of those. Still sounds rad, though.

I think that rockstah guy (RIP :cry:) 's amps and clips were the closest to old school EVH toane I've ever yet heard. Dude was a killer player, too.

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]