Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Ozone plugins - Best $60 I have spent for audio 
Hall of Fame Member

Steinmuffin turned me onto these and I could not be happier.

I got Ozone Neutron for mixing on sale for $30 and Ozone Elements for mastering on sale for $30. Not sure who all records themselves or uses this stuff but I am pretty impressed. I have heard some recordings on here that blow mine away even with me using these plugins but for me this is amazing. I should have the Captor here any day now and I'll be able to use my amps instead of sims so I am hoping for an even better sound.

For the Ozone stuff I barely dipped my toes in, I literally just used the analyzers and/or presets on each track/busses and that's it. For the Master I did also change some of the DAW eq's slightly. I may have over did it on some things volume wise especially with the drums but anyway here are the mixes if anyone is curious to hear the difference.

My mix - no ozone https://soundcloud.com/maddnotez/song-1-with-bassmaster

My mix with Neutron (mixing) added - https://soundcloud.com/maddnotez/song-1 ... ne-neutron

My mix with Neutron + Elements (mixing + master) - https://soundcloud.com/maddnotez/song-1 ... one-master

Thank you Steiny you are the Fkn man this really helps me a lot. :rawk:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:57 am
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
"Ozone... it takes the mud out" :rawk:

It's like night and day! Contrages and HNPlugInD!!!! :party:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 am
Hall of Fame Member

ajaxlepinski wrote:
"Ozone... it takes the mud out" :rawk:

It's like night and day! Contrages and HNPlugInD!!!! :party:

It really does. On my mix I always do the high and low passes and all the standard stuff but Ozone just does it 10x better.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:42 am
Chief Executive Owl

Yeah I love these plug ins. Can't live without them

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Which is the mastering one??? Ozone?

I thought i got this stuff free with the samplitude x3 suite bundle....but not sure.....

I mihht just buy one or noth as i am mixing and mastering a song soon.

Which of yhr two is more usefilx???

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:10 pm
Chief Executive Owl

Yeah I got the 3 pack... Nectar for vocals, Neutron for mixing and Ozone for mastering.

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.

Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com

For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

How’s it compare to Waves?

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:33 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I really need to invest in ozone

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:29 pm
Hall of Fame Member

67mike wrote:

I thought i got this stuff free with the samplitude x3 suite bundle....but not sure.....

Hard to say as im not that great at mixing. I like both a lot, if I absolutely had to choose 1 I would get the mastering one since its still on sale.

https://www.timespace.com/products/izot ... e-elements

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Ain't gonna lie man, the new one sounds way better, like you took a blanket off lol

Glad they're working for you!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:09 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Steinmetzify wrote:
Ain't gonna lie man, the new one sounds way better, like you took a blanket off lol

Glad they're working for you!

Yeah man thanks a lot for pointing the sale out. As i listen more the master kinda sucks, need to work on the frequencies and I went way overboard but ill keep working at it. Either way you can hear the huge difference these make. In the right hands im sure you could get some killer recordings.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:58 pm
GABmiral

Maddnotez wrote:
67mike wrote:

Hard to say as im not that great at mixing. I like both a lot, if I absolutely had to choose 1 I would get the mastering one since its still on sale.

FFS. Just grabbed this. Don’t really need it as I never even used the last version but figured, why not.

I have some gear and junk...

Like Coffee? Like Pedals and amps? Like General Jackassery???

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm
Hall of Fame Member

JerEvil wrote:
Maddnotez wrote:
67mike wrote:

FFS. Just grabbed this. Don’t really need it as I never even used the last version but figured, why not.

Jer I’m pretty sure I can find a thread where you bought it last time lol

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:45 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Downloading elements now

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 am
Hall of Fame Member

Also downloaded Elements based on Maddnotez clips, he he.

Wonder if it can be used to both mix and master, like first using Elements on each of the guitar tracks (I ususally do two tracks), then render/export the file together with a backingtrack.

Then bring up the rendered/exported clips with guitars + backingrack and use Elements on that track as well :hmm:

If anyone finds a preset they like, feel free to share! Maddnotez, have you found a preset that works well for you?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:10 am
Hall of Fame Member

Hey Guys:

I have Samplitude Pro X3 suite......Apparently I have some of this Izotope stuff bundled into soundforge that came with Sam............fucked if I know how to use it????

I am in the process of mixing/mastering and was thinking of getting the Elements on the sale.

Can you give me an IDIOTS guide to how you use elements...........ie/ do you get the whole song together and it listens to the whole song or do you just apply it to individual tracks????

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 am
GABmiral

Dig it. The third clip is WAY louder than the first two, but there are other big differences as well. I'd say you got your money's worth :thu:

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 am
Hall of Fame Member

Ice Aak wrote:

Wonder if it can be used to both mix and master, like first using Elements on each of the guitar tracks (I ususally do two tracks), then render/export the file together with a backingtrack.

Then bring up the rendered/exported clips with guitars + backingrack and use Elements on that track as well :hmm:

If anyone finds a preset they like, feel free to share! Maddnotez, have you found a preset that works well for you?

At work so i can't see which ones I used but for every track it was either the analyzer/track assistant or an appropriate preset like guitar/metal or whatever. I have not messed with it much yet.

You could probably use it for mix/master but I think this particular one was designed for mastering. There are EQ, Comp, Exciter and Imager I believe so yeah you definitely could mix with it but I am not sure how the presets would work out.

67mike wrote:
Hey Guys:

I have Samplitude Pro X3 suite......Apparently I have some of this Izotope stuff bundled into soundforge that came with Sam............fucked if I know how to use it????

I am in the process of mixing/mastering and was thinking of getting the Elements on the sale.

Can you give me an IDIOTS guide to how you use elements...........ie/ do you get the whole song together and it listens to the whole song or do you just apply it to individual tracks????

Both. No rules. Whatever sounds best IMO. Again, I would have to go back and look but I think I added to individual tracks and then the Master Fader. I know I need to learn how to bounce and do it right and all of that but yeah. Not sure the best "method".

Devin wrote:
Dig it. The third clip is WAY louder than the first two, but there are other big differences as well. I'd say you got your money's worth :thu:

I absolutely did. I need to get some more time in to make it better. The mix itself was harsh and brittle to me. I just did a quick run through and am not really good but you can see how powerful this is. 10x better than any stock Reaper limiter.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:22 am
Hall of Fame Member

Maddnotez wrote:
Ice Aak wrote:

At work so i can't see which ones I used but for every track it was either the analyzer/track assistant or an appropriate preset like guitar/metal or whatever. I have not messed with it much yet.

You could probably use it for mix/master but I think this particular one was designed for mastering. There are EQ, Comp, Exciter and Imager I believe so yeah you definitely could mix with it but I am not sure how the presets would work out.

67mike wrote:
Hey Guys:

Both. No rules. Whatever sounds best IMO. Again, I would have to go back and look but I think I added to individual tracks and then the Master Fader. I know I need to learn how to bounce and do it right and all of that but yeah. Not sure the best "method".

Devin wrote:

I absolutely did. I need to get some more time in to make it better. The mix itself was harsh and brittle to me. I just did a quick run through and am not really good but you can see how powerful this is. 10x better than any stock Reaper limiter.

OK: One more stupid question.....is it a stand alone program that you open and drag your audio files into.....OR IS THIS a plugin that gets INCORPORATED into your DAWS pluggins?????

Thanks

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 am
Hall of Fame Member

67mike wrote:
Maddnotez wrote:
Ice Aak wrote:

67mike wrote:
Hey Guys:

Devin wrote:

OK: One more stupid question.....is it a stand alone program that you open and drag your audio files into.....OR IS THIS a plugin that gets INCORPORATED into your DAWS pluggins?????

Thanks

a plugin that gets INCORPORATED into your DAWS pluggins.

You have to go to their website to install the "loader" that they have. Kind of like their plug in HUB. Then install to whatever folder you want. I did auto install and it went right to a folder than Reaper already scans upon startup. Just go to FX in your track and it is right there.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:34 am
Hall of Fame Member

Maddnotez wrote:
67mike wrote:
Maddnotez wrote:
Ice Aak wrote:

67mike wrote:
Hey Guys:

Devin wrote:

Thanks

a plugin that gets INCORPORATED into your DAWS pluggins.

You have to go to their website to install the "loader" that they have. Kind of like their plug in HUB. Then install to whatever folder you want. I did auto install and it went right to a folder than Reaper already scans upon startup. Just go to FX in your track and it is right there.

I see......thanks!

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:41 am
Hall of Fame Member

crankyrayhanky wrote:

I missed this post previously. I have no Idea TBH. I have never used Waves but I know tons of great engineers use waves. I would say both Waves and Izotope are powerhouses. Guessing you can get great results from either.

Not sure what waves has to offer. I know they have tons of plugins but I have seen a ton of people using the NLS.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:42 am
GABmiral

I'll need to do a shootout of Ozone vs JST vs Slate Digital

I have some gear and junk...

Like Coffee? Like Pedals and amps? Like General Jackassery???

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 am
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Maddnotez wrote:
crankyrayhanky wrote:

I missed this post previously. I have no Idea TBH. I have never used Waves but I know tons of great engineers use waves. I would say both Waves and Izotope are powerhouses. Guessing you can get great results from either.

Not sure what waves has to offer. I know they have tons of plugins but I have seen a ton of people using the NLS.

I have Waves Vocal Rider and 30 Band Graphic EQ plugins - I use both all the time.
The Vocal Rider helps reduce the amount of compression you need on vocals, making for better sounding vocals.
The Graphic EQ is very helpful on tracking and mixing. I also use parametric EQs but, a Graphic EQ is better for doing a final, overall, two track stereo EQ.
I also have their version of Autotune but, I haven't had a chance to try it and I have one of their Maximizers which is OK.

To use Waves, you have to first, download their Installer.
When I did a mandatory update of the Installer, all my Waves plugins disappeared and I had to reinstall them... that's my only complaint about Waves... their installer is a pain in the ass.

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 am
Hall of Fame Member

Diehard Ozone user here. The full version blows the Waves Mastering Suite away in terms of ease of use, DSP usage, and most importantly, loudness maximization sound quality.

I've used Ozone since v1, it's on everything I do. I use Nectar for every vocal, and Stutter Edit on guitars, keys and drums all the time. The presets are so good. I just pull up a factory preset in ozone, and the only thing I ever end up adjusting is the parametric EQ to taste.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next