Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
New BOSS wireless units 
Hall of Fame Member

Pretty cool:

plug based: https://www.boss.info/global/products/wl-20_wl-20l/

pedal based: https://www.boss.info/global/products/wl-50/

Takeaways:

1. Longer battery life than my Xvive, but you can adjust and fold the Xvive, this is just a box, so, i'll hold onto the Xvive, for now :lol:
2. I like that you can use a cable with the WL-50, awesome feature.

phpBB [video]

*Endorsements with Clayton guitar picks and accessories and 64-Audio.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:05 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Okay, if this works with Fluences, then I'm all in.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 pm
Hall of Fame Member

looks cool.... wonder what the prices are

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:31 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Marc G wrote:
looks cool.... wonder what the prices are

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:32 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Looks similar to the Line G10 line, i'd probably grab one if the price is good.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:42 pm
GABmiral

200 bucks me thinks

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:14 pm
Hall of Fame Member

fretless wrote:
200 bucks me thinks

yeah the pedalboard model is $200... that's pretty damn good IMO.... think that might be my next buy....

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm
Hall of Fame Member

The other two are $179.99 at MF

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:17 am
Hall of Fame Member

The Anomaly wrote:
The other two are $179.99 at MF

yeah I saw that.... I really like that the pedalboard model has a dock for the transmitter built in... keeps things nice and simple for packing away etc.... I just want to find out what happens if you have a 1/4 cable plugged in but not in use... it would be nice if I could have it wired in to my patch bay permanently so I won't have to worry about having it installed on the edge of my board.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 am
Hall of Fame Member

Looks great. I think I might pick one of these up. I've wanted a new wireless since my Samson died.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:09 am
Hall of Fame Member

I don't see how this is better than the Line 6 G10 or Xvive. The pedalboard unit is almost exact same format but the G10 has auto shut-off when you unplug or leave it sitting for extended time which I think are great features that make it better than this.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:21 am
Hall of Fame Member

Thurston wrote:
I don't see how this is better than the Line 6 G10 or Xvive. The pedalboard unit is almost exact same format but the G10 has auto shut-off when you unplug or leave it sitting for extended time which I think are great features that make it better than this.

i like that the pedalboard model receiver stores and charges the transmitter... and has the cable pass through...

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:31 am
Hall of Fame Member

Thurston wrote:

Better battery life than the Xvive, one-port charging on the BOSS instead of separate ports for transmitter/receiver like on the Xvive, and I guarantee the pedal version won't break at all, much less at the frequency those G10s were/are breaking with their flimsy USB cable charging port.

Also, the BOSS WL-50 lets you run a standard cable through it, NO other wireless does that. If you can't use your wireless for some reason, or the transmitter is not charged, you can leave the receiver base in-line on your pedalboard, and run a cable right into it, without unplugging anything.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:32 am
GABmiral

Further proof that BOSS is BASST.

Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:33 am
Hall of Fame Member

they look pretty cool but my shure isnt going anywhere

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:51 am
Hall of Fame Member

The Anomaly wrote:
Thurston wrote:

Better battery life than the Xvive, one-port charging on the BOSS instead of separate ports for transmitter/receiver like on the Xvive, and I guarantee the pedal version won't break at all, much less at the frequency those G10s were/are breaking with their flimsy USB cable charging port.

Also, the BOSS WL-50 lets you run a standard cable through it, NO other wireless does that. If you can't use your wireless for some reason, or the transmitter is not charged, you can leave the receiver base in-line on your pedalboard, and run a cable right into it, without unplugging anything.

Good points.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 am
Hall of Fame Member

Thurston wrote:
The Anomaly wrote:
Thurston wrote:

Good points.

:hi5:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 pm
Registered Member

The wl-50 looks great, and well priced compared to the competition. The long cable emulation is funny, a "de-buffer" and it's got a power out (useful for powering the old ACA boss pedals on a standard power brick) if you haven't already got a TU or something, would have been better if they supplied the boss PSU with it though...

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]