Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Truefire-Anyone Here Use It? 
GABmiral

I signed up there 5 or 7 months ago but never really checked it out. I went back this morning and downloaded one of the Johnny Hiland Lessons. I figured for $15 with a coupon code, it's worth a shot. I have to say that I am definitely impressed with the whole thing. The App allows for video zoom and speed control. Plus each lesson has the tabs transcribed in the box right below the video. Obviously Johnny is one of the best players in the world. But he's also a phenomenal teacher. He explains things in very simple terms and makes it all super easy to understand. I think my favorite thing is that I have the whole lesson forever. I can go back anytime I want and click on a section and get to work on it.

I don't mean to sound like a advertisement or anything. I am just excited by what they have going on. It's perfect for sitting in front of the computer with coffee first thing in the morning and taking a quick lesson. I plan on grabbing the other Johnny H. lesson next week. He's a no brainer. With the amount of content they have, it's going to take me a bit to weed through and find other teachers I like.

TLDR; Truefire get's a thumbs up from me.

Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:57 am
GABmiral

After I spend more time focusing on improving my voice (lessons with '63 Strat have been fucking AWESOME) I'm going to shift focus back to guitar woodshedding. Stuff like this might be great.

http://www.formalblack.com

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:01 am
GABmiral

Oh, the David Grissom video looks pretty badass.

There is also a Robben Ford elevator fusion blues lesson.

Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:01 am
GABmiral

M.Mike LX-R wrote:
After I spend more time focusing on improving my voice (lessons with '63 Strat have been fucking AWESOME) I'm going to shift focus back to guitar woodshedding. Stuff like this might be great.

Castrato isn't working out?

There is a mega-ton of shreddy Satcharoni type stuff on there.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:04 am
GABmiral

My other teacher was a necessary stepping stone for me in just making the commitment to taking lessons but the switch to taking lessons with Colin was a really good find. I would walk away from lessons with the other teacher feeling a little worn out and mentally trying to figure out how to make what he was teaching me click but I've walked away with the lessons with Colin feeling like I'm starting to get a real grip on how singing really good actually works. I wish I had started with Colin but I'm here now and that's what matters.

I will eventually dive back into focused guitar woodshedding. I've never actually ever learned a Satch riff or lead. Something I gotta do at some point for sure.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:10 am
GABmiral

This sounds really interesting. Particularly since you can zoom and especially speed control! I'll have to check it out!

TurboPablo wrote:
Oh, the David Grissom video looks pretty badass.

There is also a Robben Ford elevator fusion blues lesson.

I just saw Grissom last week! He plays Tuesdays at Saxon Pub. He did a killer version of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed since he had another guitar player with him - Carter Arrington. Youtube Carter, he's also a bad motherfucker!

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:33 am
GABmiral

M.Mike LX-R wrote:
My other teacher was a necessary stepping stone for me in just making the commitment to taking lessons but the switch to taking lessons with Colin was a really good find. I would walk away from lessons with the other teacher feeling a little worn out and mentally trying to figure out how to make what he was teaching me click but I've walked away with the lessons with Colin feeling like I'm starting to get a real grip on how singing really good actually works. I wish I had started with Colin but I'm here now and that's what matters.

I will eventually dive back into focused guitar woodshedding. I've never actually ever learned a Satch riff or lead. Something I gotta do at some point for sure.

Hell if I was in LA I would take vocal lessons from Colin too. Then after the lesson we could trade sweet licks. :D :D :D

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:34 am
GABmiral

yeah. probs gonna take guitar lessons with him too.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:40 am
GABmiral

Johnny is the baddest motherfucker alive.

phpBB [video]

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:27 am
GABmiral

Ya there is no frontin' on Johnny. :love:

Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:19 pm
GABmiral

Bump for Johnny.

phpBB [video]

Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:42 am
GABmiral

It's cool Johnny plays EBMM

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:01 am
GABmiral

In the older videos he plays a lot of PRS's and of course, Teles. I'm not sure when he hooked up wit EBMM.

Watch his rig rundown. It's impressive and he is a better pitchman than 15 NASCAR drivers combined.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:04 am
Hall of Fame Member

He should change his name to FretKing. Imaginative monster.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]