Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
I don't care. I want this. C@MB 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
Image

https://www.prymaxe.com/products/schect ... xuEALw_wcB

I love trons. I love purple. It's kinda over the top like schecter does but the gretchy-ness reels it back in :lol:


Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 pm
Posts: 351
Image

_________________
GAB DrumJams - YouTube & Soundcloud


Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:31 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
Fuck yeah. Grimace Pimp.


Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:36 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm
Posts: 1389
I actually really like it. Kinda has a Reverend vibe to it.


Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 pm
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 29707
Location: Vegas
Schecter has some real cool guitars now... I am glad their abalone days are now (mostly) behind them.

They are really well made too.

I would totally rock one of their PT models. I've been wanting to buy one for a while now...

_________________
Rig:

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.



Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com


Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
GuitarBilly wrote:
Schecter has some real cool guitars now... I am glad their abalone days are now (mostly) behind them.

They are really well made too.

I would totally rock one of their PT models. I've been wanting to buy one for a while now...

Out with the abalone, in with the carbon fiber binding. I literally was just at GC playing a schecter with carbon fiber binding :lol:


Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:55 pm
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 29707
Location: Vegas
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.

_________________
Rig:

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.



Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com


Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
Pretty rad. Wonder how it stacks up against a Charvel of similar design?


Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:14 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 pm
Posts: 4215
Location: Fredneck, MD
GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.


is that the pete townshend model?


Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:27 pm
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 29707
Location: Vegas
newholland wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.


is that the pete townshend model?

Yep. :)

_________________
Rig:

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.



Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com


Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 29707
Location: Vegas
RyanDistortion wrote:
Pretty rad. Wonder how it stacks up against a Charvel of similar design?

It's less "shreddy" than the Charvels... neck is a bit thicker with a rounder back profile...

_________________
Rig:

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.



Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com


Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Registered Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:57 pm
Posts: 62
GuitarBilly wrote:
RyanDistortion wrote:
Pretty rad. Wonder how it stacks up against a Charvel of similar design?

It's less "shreddy" than the Charvels... neck is a bit thicker with a rounder back profile...



depends how many gallons of plastic they are dipping the guitar in now, that was always their real problem.

_________________
http://www.advancedgang.com


Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:37 pm
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 29707
Location: Vegas
ADVGANG wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:
RyanDistortion wrote:
Pretty rad. Wonder how it stacks up against a Charvel of similar design?

It's less "shreddy" than the Charvels... neck is a bit thicker with a rounder back profile...



depends how many gallons of plastic they are dipping the guitar in now, that was always their real problem.

Not on this one, at all. Thin satin finish on the neck and just regular poly on the body. It's pretty close to the original PT, which is a John Suhr design, back when he was making Schecters at the Pensa store in NYC. Very different than the regular "bro" Schecters out there...
Sorry but the only thing this comment tells me is you haven't played the guitar in question.

_________________
Rig:

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.



Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com


Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm
Posts: 14785
Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
That guitar in the OP reminds me of a Burns but, at a much better price. I like it! :rawk:

_________________
1969 Sunn Solarus ● 2x 1980's Randall RG-80 ● 2013 Hi-Tone HT103-DG (Winner Best Rig 2014) ● 2015 Mortatone 12/15 Cab w/EV SRO's ● 2017 Jubilee ● Incoming Ceriatone Model Tee
Walt wrote:
But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.


Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:55 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 am
Posts: 2151
Fuckin ay, I'd rock either of the two guitars in this thread.

_________________
"I use my state of the art
Technology
Now don't you forget it
It ain't using me
Cause when the power goes out
I got other means..."


Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 pm
Profile
Online
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am
Posts: 19860
Location: The Bassment
If you have a shiny silver suit to wear.

_________________
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more”
― Nikola Tesla

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™


Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 am
Posts: 4609
Location: Flo Rida
RyanDistortion wrote:
Image

https://www.prymaxe.com/products/schect ... xuEALw_wcB

I love trons. I love purple. It's kinda over the top like schecter does but the gretchy-ness reels it back in :lol:


NO

GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.


Fuck YES

_________________
Some guys like a challenge. Not me.


Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:33 pm
Profile
GABmiral

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 23841
GuitarBilly wrote:
newholland wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.


is that the pete townshend model?

Yep. :)



I had one of the earliest models back in 1992-93. Great guitar. Sounded unreal through my Superlead100. Pretty sure it had actives in it. But I was ignorant to that stuff at the time. So who knows.

_________________
Telephant wrote:
Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:


Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 pm
Posts: 9666
Location: I came here to give presents and punch heretics ... and I just ran out of presents.
FAKA! wrote:
Image



:rofl:

_________________
ajaxlepinski wrote:
Lack of personal style? Dude, you're the Sean Connery of GAB! :lol:


Dave wrote:
Draelyc - can write a solid song, and play tasty leads despite his internal neurotic tendencies. Despite a million debates raging in his head over string guage, pickup height, Pete Townshend's sexual history, and pick material he makes his Shiva give up the goods. Plus his unplugged electric tone... well... it exists.


_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!


Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 pm
Posts: 9666
Location: I came here to give presents and punch heretics ... and I just ran out of presents.
GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.



That’s the only “Tele” I’d ever consider. :love:

_________________
ajaxlepinski wrote:
Lack of personal style? Dude, you're the Sean Connery of GAB! :lol:


Dave wrote:
Draelyc - can write a solid song, and play tasty leads despite his internal neurotic tendencies. Despite a million debates raging in his head over string guage, pickup height, Pete Townshend's sexual history, and pick material he makes his Shiva give up the goods. Plus his unplugged electric tone... well... it exists.


_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!


Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 pm
Posts: 2402
RyanDistortion wrote:
Image

https://www.prymaxe.com/products/schect ... xuEALw_wcB

I love trons. I love purple. It's kinda over the top like schecter does but the gretchy-ness reels it back in :lol:


I dig it. I thought it was a Reverend at first glance.

_________________
Murdoch wrote:
Play a scale, he hears, "GOD I BET MY DICK TASTES AMAZING, I WISH I COULD FIND OUT!!"




Charvels, Fenders, Gibsons, Heritages, Epiphones and a Peavey
Metropoulos Metro-Plex
Egnater Seminar Boutikit 50 Watt Head
Avatar Vintage 2x12 w/ Creamback H75s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Marshall 1960A w/ Greenbacks
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Tremoverb 2x12 Combo
My Band's Music Page: https://www.reverbnation.com/zerobelowphoenix


Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:43 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:18 am
Posts: 2425
draelyc wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.



That’s the only “Tele” I’d ever consider. :love:


Same here.

The OP? Brolando'd.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/guitarbaba
*Balaguer, Fender, Godin, Greco, Ibanez & PRS guitars
*Line 6 Helix Floor, AMT SS-11a-based direct rig, 64 Audio A6 Custom in-ear monitors
*Endorsements with Clayton guitar picks and accessories and 64-Audio.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:19 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
The Anomaly wrote:
draelyc wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.



That’s the only “Tele” I’d ever consider. :love:


Same here.

The OP? Brolando'd.

How dare you! There's no tremolo or semi-hollow or John 5.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:52 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 852
OP definitely reminds me of a Reverend Billy Corgan model. Filtertrons and a bigsby are nice, but I'm not sure about the looks overall. Maybe a little too busy for my tastes.

The Schecter PT that Billy posted is sweet. I also really like the looks (never played one) of the Schecter TSH/12.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:55 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 am
Posts: 7631
Location: Trinidad, West Indies
RyanDistortion wrote:
The Anomaly wrote:
draelyc wrote:
GuitarBilly wrote:
I don't care with anyone says.. this is a fucking sexy guitar:

Image

It checks all the marks for me... plays/sounds great too.



That’s the only “Tele” I’d ever consider. :love:


Same here.

The OP? Brolando'd.

How dare you! There's no tremolo or semi-hollow or John 5.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RYAN WHYYYYYYYYY?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:




the OP guitar is cool... wouldn't turn it down if someone was giving it to me... can't say I'd go out and buy it though


Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
Yeah. I wouldn't buy it either. It's priced so low that I would have to play it to check the quality EVEN THOUGH my schecter I own is put together better than a lot of bigger name brands and I payed like $450 for it. Still, it's a niche sound guitar and could never be my number 1.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:07 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 am
Posts: 7631
Location: Trinidad, West Indies
RyanDistortion wrote:
Yeah. I wouldn't buy it either. It's priced so low that I would have to play it to check the quality EVEN THOUGH my schecter I own is put together better than a lot of bigger name brands and I payed like $450 for it. Still, it's a niche sound guitar and could never be my number 1.



yeah... pretty much that... and I'm sure I really need that niche sound lol... lately I've just been back to basics... Between my musicman and G&L there isn't a sound I can't get that works for me.... which has me looking at all my other guitars and wondering why I have them.. I think I've reached that part in my gear cycle where I may do a massive gear dumb and start over....


Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
It always sounds appealing. Dumping it all and starting again. Maybe that's how I'll get a helix like these cool kids.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm
Posts: 8844
Location: sitting in the waiting room
purple is cool but that guitar looks like a hipster salad.

that black tele is sweet.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 pm
Posts: 15145
Location: Austin, TX
I actually don't hate it. Split pickguard is an interesting touch. I think it would look even better with binding on the neck.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:00 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
Telephant wrote:
I actually don't hate it. Split pickguard is an interesting touch. I think it would look even better with binding on the neck.

Always need moar binding.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:01 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm
Posts: 8844
Location: sitting in the waiting room
RyanDistortion wrote:
It always sounds appealing. Dumping it all and starting again. Maybe that's how I'll get a helix like these cool kids.



dude the helix is so killer. you would love it.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 am
Profile
Chief Executive Owl
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 29707
Location: Vegas
TurboPablo wrote:


I had one of the earliest models back in 1992-93. Great guitar. Sounded unreal through my Superlead100. Pretty sure it had actives in it. But I was ignorant to that stuff at the time. So who knows.

did it look like this?

Image

These early models were killer. The active-looking pickups were actually a John Suhr design. They're passive pickups, just covered. They do sound good. The new ones are designed by Tom Anderson (based off the H3 and H1N) and they're really cool too...

_________________
Rig:

Guitars: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Strat and Tele partscasters, Ibanez RG

Amps: Jet City 50H, Jet City Amelia, EVH 5150 III 50w 6L6, Marshall 1960A w greenbacks

Effects: Morley Bad Horsie, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, TC G Major.



Check out my band, The Lima Division at:
http://www.thelimadivision.com


For questions about GAB contact me at admin@guitarampboard.com


Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 32742
Location: Sliding Hills, CA
I should hate it but I actually don't. The Bigsby surprisingly to me looks kinda cool on this. Like 80's trying to be 50's and it works.

_________________
EBMM Stingray Tobacco and Tort
Marshall Jubilee
Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 with WGS ET90's
CFH > SupaTrem 1 > OCD v2 > Alter Ego x4



Loop wrote:
Also, I hate to bring this to light considering there are some feelings in this thread, but you misspelled "disappointed".


Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:11 am
Profile
GABmiral

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 23841
GuitarBilly wrote:
TurboPablo wrote:


I had one of the earliest models back in 1992-93. Great guitar. Sounded unreal through my Superlead100. Pretty sure it had actives in it. But I was ignorant to that stuff at the time. So who knows.

did it look like this?

Image

These early models were killer. The active-looking pickups were actually a John Suhr design. They're passive pickups, just covered. They do sound good. The new ones are designed by Tom Anderson (based off the H3 and H1N) and they're really cool too...



Yep. That's it. I don't remember why I let it go. But I do regret it. The neck was killer. It was a pretty deep V shape that was super comfy.

_________________
Telephant wrote:
Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:


Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 pm
Posts: 351
Ignore the haters dude!

Image

_________________
GAB DrumJams - YouTube & Soundcloud


Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:05 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 am
Posts: 4609
Location: Flo Rida
FAKA! wrote:
Ignore the haters dude!

Image



Yes. Needs a floyd rose on top if the bigsby.

_________________
Some guys like a challenge. Not me.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6775
Location: Long Island, NY
:lol: Sweet Photoshop! I'm not worried at people who don't agree with me on the guitar. I already told them to come at me.


Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:49 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: atrox, Bardagh, bish0p34, Chris Z, clipless bumper, colejustesen, CptCyanide, drs448, EndTime, fretless, G-Zod, GoldstarGuitar, Google [Bot], greatmutah, Landshark, macgaj3, Mamberg Jr, Marc G, MattACaster, mincy, NinjaRaf, Pickle, sloppy fingers, SuperFlyinMonke and 85 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group