Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Here's a little story I got to tell ~Custom Gear Content~ 
Author Message
Online
Hall of Fame Member

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 6839
Location: Long Island, NY
Producer circuit is an awesome dig. Harmless prank for a great story. Great works produced by both parties. Kind of people we need on GAB :thu:


Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:35 pm
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 pm
Posts: 14102
Location: Austin TX
what a rad story. one/both of these items' owners needs to get crazy famous in the guitar community so that the story becomes legend

_________________
Beer==>SG==>Pedals==>Orange TV50
Telephant wrote:
C'mon down to Marshall town sweet tits. We're all having a helluva time. :cop:

ovid9 wrote:
But, having three cats, I don't want to hurt their ears.

sleewell wrote:
goop forever, thug life till I die bitch.

Dave Lister wrote:
Ya'll motherfuckers don't need any or more better gear, ya'll need better ideas.

Good Deals: TU BE, Steveijobzz, MikeO, Pamuk Party, Heath


Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:51 pm
Profile
GABmiral

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 23934
So killer.

That Tele is sweet.

_________________
Telephant wrote:
Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:


Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 pm
Profile
Dead Man Walking
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm
Posts: 4377
Location: Nobody's business
SuperFlyinMonke wrote:
I want to see a picture of the bad words before the guitar was painted.

This is unbelievably cool. I would love an Esquire, especially with the trad 5 screw guard. It's beautiful.


Here is what I took pics of. The rest of the evil is under the finish on the body in pencil so it wouldn't bleed through. I even printed out the pics I took along the way, and made a cute little 4" x 6" photo album and sent it with the guitar just for grins. Mort made an un-boxing video too. I'd say it's better than any of Phil O'Keefs un-boxing videos by far :D

Image
Image
Image Image

_________________
It's been a long hard crawl to the bottom

clips here: https://soundcloud.com/paulslagle


Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
SuperFlyinMonke wrote:
I want to see a picture of the bad words before the guitar was painted.

This is unbelievably cool. I would love an Esquire, especially with the trad 5 screw guard. It's beautiful.



As a matter of fact, he sent me a whole little photo album to go with it.


Here's a cell phone pic of one of the photos :D


Image


Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:55 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
I better not have to ever change that battery, MR. :cop:


Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:57 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:27 pm
Posts: 821
Location: SFV, SoCal
Wait, is the guitar pink? The HK guitar strap had me thinking it was, but after showing my daughter the picture of the guitar, she was like, "Well, y'know how you're color blind . . ." :mad:

I have one of those Squier Hello Kitty guitars in pink which likely explains my attraction to this Esquire. But if it isn't pink . . .

And that amp . . . I was checking out the schematic, and what a simple, to-the-point amp it is. It looks like a single gain stage that is immediately fed into the phase inverter. The phase inverter is not what I'm accustomed to seeing, or it is just drawn differently than what I'm accustomed to - is it a long-tailed phase inverter? It doesn't seem like there's much gain on tap. Does one have to have a pretty high-output guitar for the amp to go into overdrive? Can it "give up the goods" with vintage-styled Fender single coils?

And, one of them is in California? Which, and where in California?


Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:55 pm
Profile
Dead Man Walking
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm
Posts: 4377
Location: Nobody's business
Bonano wrote:
Wait, is the guitar pink? The HK guitar strap had me thinking it was, but after showing my daughter the picture of the guitar, she was like, "Well, y'know how you're color blind . . ." :mad:

I have one of those Squier Hello Kitty guitars in pink which likely explains my attraction to this Esquire. But if it isn't pink . . .

And that amp . . . I was checking out the schematic, and what a simple, to-the-point amp it is. It looks like a single gain stage that is immediately fed into the phase inverter. The phase inverter is not what I'm accustomed to seeing, or it is just drawn differently than what I'm accustomed to - is it a long-tailed phase inverter? It doesn't seem like there's much gain on tap. Does one have to have a pretty high-output guitar for the amp to go into overdrive? Can it "give up the goods" with vintage-styled Fender single coils?

And, one of them is in California? Which, and where in California?


Yeah, the guitar is pink, and I sent the Hello Kitty strap along as part of the fun.

The amp is fantastic sounding, has plenty of gain, but of course you kinda have to wind it up to get there. It'll get from clean as can be to spanky, to aggressive/crunch, and beyond, and with a clean boost in front of the amp (I use an XTS Pegasus Boost set between 10 & 11 o'clock on the knob) it brings the rawk. It's a man's amp, so you can't just be some ham-fisted dope with it. You get quite a lot out of it with just your fingers and the volume knob on the guitar. It's very dynamic and touch sensitive. I have a 12au7 in V1 and a 12ax7 in V2 and the amp seems to like it so...

It is the amp that resides in Southern California. The guitar is on the East Coast.

_________________
It's been a long hard crawl to the bottom

clips here: https://soundcloud.com/paulslagle


Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 am
Profile
Dead Man Walking
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm
Posts: 4377
Location: Nobody's business
Y0UNGBL00D wrote:
what a rad story. one/both of these items' owners needs to get crazy famous in the guitar community so that the story becomes legend


It all starts right here with you guys.

Now get busy and make me famous!

_________________
It's been a long hard crawl to the bottom

clips here: https://soundcloud.com/paulslagle


Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:49 pm
Profile
Dead Man Walking
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm
Posts: 4377
Location: Nobody's business
Am I famous yet?

_________________
It's been a long hard crawl to the bottom

clips here: https://soundcloud.com/paulslagle


Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:18 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:30 pm
Posts: 2846
MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:
Am I famous yet?


Image


Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:44 pm
Profile
Dead Man Walking
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm
Posts: 4377
Location: Nobody's business
SuperFlyinMonke wrote:
MISTER NOBODY™ wrote:
Am I famous yet?


Image


My thoughts precisely

_________________
It's been a long hard crawl to the bottom

clips here: https://soundcloud.com/paulslagle


Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:54 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
Bump


Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:27 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am
Posts: 2745
Location: Cleveland, OH
Really? Bumping a 4 year old thread?


Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
Sure why not


Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:46 pm
Profile
Online
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am
Posts: 20123
Location: The Bassment
fantastic peoples up in here and as both an owner of a Pittman and a Mortatone I can say that is a high stakes trading , no fucking around at all in that deal . I've heard that amp at the Casa Slagle and it's sweet and loud !

_________________
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more”
― Nikola Tesla

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™


Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:53 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm
Posts: 7515
Location: Sandy Eggo
So, what inspired you guys to do a round 2? Don't tell me you sold the producer switch Esquire! :mad:

Edit: Does the Esquire have a Pittman headstock or a traditional Fender shape?

_________________
ajaxlepinski wrote:
I feel like I did when I saw my first naked woman IRL!!! So pysched!!!!

jnurp wrote:
Probably the most metal pet ever.


Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:54 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
itchyfingers wrote:
So, what inspired you guys to do a round 2? Don't tell me you sold the producer switch Esquire! :mad:

Edit: Does the Esquire have a Pittman headstock or a traditional Fender shape?


I don’t recall what exactly prompted the 2nd trade. Now we’re gonna do a 3rd trade and I’m planning on pumping him up on every forum and group I go to to help get more people interested in his guitars.

Fender shape and Fender logo. I still have it. My Slagle collection will go from 2 to 4 this year :dance:


Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:20 pm
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm
Posts: 15911
mortatone wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:
So, what inspired you guys to do a round 2? Don't tell me you sold the producer switch Esquire! :mad:

Edit: Does the Esquire have a Pittman headstock or a traditional Fender shape?


I don’t recall what exactly prompted the 2nd trade. Now we’re gonna do a 3rd trade and I’m planning on pumping him up on every forum and group I go to to help get more people interested in his guitars.

Fender shape and Fender logo. I still have it. My Slagle collection will go from 2 to 4 this year :dance:

What other forums you on?

I have a few build threads for my new Pittman going now on Rig Talk and The Gear Page. Blasting my Insta, FB and all that.

_________________
_____________________________________________________

I have some gear and junk...

Like Coffee? Like Pedals and amps? Like General Jackassery???

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao


Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:40 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
JerEvil wrote:
mortatone wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:
So, what inspired you guys to do a round 2? Don't tell me you sold the producer switch Esquire! :mad:

Edit: Does the Esquire have a Pittman headstock or a traditional Fender shape?


I don’t recall what exactly prompted the 2nd trade. Now we’re gonna do a 3rd trade and I’m planning on pumping him up on every forum and group I go to to help get more people interested in his guitars.

Fender shape and Fender logo. I still have it. My Slagle collection will go from 2 to 4 this year :dance:

What other forums you on?

I have a few build threads for my new Pittman going now on Rig Talk and The Gear Page. Blasting my Insta, FB and all that.



A couple of bass forums, the open Jam, Facebook groups, etc. I wish TGP wasn’t so “stick in the ass” but it is what it is I guess.


Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:51 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:19 am
Posts: 3796
That’s a great story!


Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
RaceU4her wrote:
That’s a great story!


Thanks!

It's one of two single coolest things that have happened in my life as a result of internet bromanticism :cup:





:usa:


Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 11:43 am
Posts: 573
Location: Clarksville TN
How many times has this happened???

_________________
mamberg II


Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 pm
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:46 am
Posts: 1492
a little before my time here, but I remember this and think it's probably the coolest thing I've seen on a forum yet.

Another one of those things that made GAB pretty much my go to for any real forum related activity. Genuine people here fo sho.

_________________
Budda and a tele
... and now LP Jr


Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 am
Posts: 5185
GoldstarGuitar wrote:
I remember this and think it's probably the coolest thing I've seen on a forum yet.


Thanks man, I was all smitten with how unique of a thing it was and that it somehow actually happened. Sometimes I still marvel at how it all went down. Definitely lots of fun building and anticipating, having no real idea how it would turn out. Definitely high risk high reward internet behavior :lol:


Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: _ej_, Bardagh, Bing [Bot], Dick Butter Nuts, fretless, GoldstarGuitar, Google [Bot], greatmutah, hstlaurent, IndyWS6, maggotspawn, mincy, Mr_You, NinjaRaf, Ostinato Rubato, phrophus, RaceU4her, Riffraff, RyanDistortion, Sasquatch, The Anomaly, vickno and 120 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group