Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Which guy in the band are you? 
Hall of Fame Member

I'm the guy who shows up early, sets up quickly, makes sure everything works, is ready to play on time, and knows the songs. I also have spares of pretty much everything. And that's it. If asked, I will help out or over suggestions but otherwise I've done my part.

When I was younger, I was the "fixer" and basically took take of everyone else and their gear. Not any more.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:12 am
GABmiral

Most people in this thread: Not a guy in a band at all

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:16 am
Hall of Fame Member

Dave wrote:

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am
Hall of Fame Member

Dave wrote:

haha not now but was for a very long time, and if you look at my answer it explains why :(

Spam zero at the mo

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am
Hall of Fame Member

Mamberg Jr wrote:
ZEEGLER wrote:
Mamberg Jr wrote:
I'm the drummer, but I Play guitar, bass, and drums... The guitarist is GREAT with his stuff... The bassist has a squire bullet or some shit J bass with LITERAL 6 year old strings... He bought that off of one of my friends, and I remember when HE bought the bass 8 years ago... He also bought it a month AFTER being in the band. He used my bass and amp, and he still continues to use my amp :phair: I can't stand the fucker

It was the same with my bass player at the beginning. He's married to my wife's cousin, and when he joined the band, he was barely a guitar player. He bought a bass but couldn't afford a rig so I let him use my Eden rig. He used it for at least a year and had the nerve to complain about how it sounded (it sounded awesome, he just didn't know how to dial it in). Eventually I told him that I was going to sell my bass rig because I needed the money, so he'd have to buy his own. The problem with that is that I had to sell my bass rig and I really didn't want to. :(

You should've sold it to him...

He couldn't afford it.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am
Hall of Fame Member

can't stand that type of guy in the op. i've always kept my stuff up but it isn't like i have never been someone that others had to put up with especially during my freshman/sophomore period.

i am the team player who loves sharing and hearing everyone's ideas and i like pumping up everybody's energy level. i used to have opinions and ways i thought we should do things, but these days i much more enjoy stepping outside of that and just seeing other peoples' points of views. my opinion is that people shouldn't force their opinions and i apply this in other areas.

:crap:

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am
Hall of Fame Member

Dave wrote:

might be true. I guess I'm still in a band if you count the tribute I do 3-4 times a year.

That doesn't stop me from gigging 3-4 times a month though.

Fill ins are far more fulfilling to me these days. I have zero vested interest past knowing my parts and performing well. The rest of the band can be a bag of dicks for all I care, as long as I get my cash :sarge:

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:23 am
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, at this point in my life, being called in for the occasional gig is way better for me than a full time band. Frankly, my attitude makes me more suited for the "fill in" gig than anything more consistent since I just can't deal with other people's shit any more.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:25 am
Hall of Fame Member

Dave wrote:

True. I tapped out and I'm doing the family thing now. I suppose "was" would be more accurate for me.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:32 am
GABmiral

GoldstarGuitar wrote:
Dave wrote:

might be true. I guess I'm still in a band if you count the tribute I do 3-4 times a year.

That doesn't stop me from gigging 3-4 times a month though.

Fill ins are far more fulfilling to me these days. I have zero vested interest past knowing my parts and performing well. The rest of the band can be a bag of dicks for all I care, as long as I get my cash :sarge:

That's fair. I'm talking about the guys that talk about fill in gigs, but really post on forums and play with gear like a kid plays with toys.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am
Hall of Fame Member

Professor Dickweed wrote:
It depends on the band. I’ve been in a band where I’m treated like a gear depot. You know, the kind where you’re always lending something to another band member. I played one gig where I owned every guitar and bass amp/cab on stage. That was a pain in the ass to load/unload.

I’m mainly just the drunk bass player though. Life is too short to fight with band mates and it is certainly too short to be sober.

Why didn't you tell me this sooner? You mean I've been carrying my own gear for nothing? Fuck.

Next practice, I'd really love to play whatever you're bringing me. Thanks lol!

Last edited by bish0p34 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:01 am
GABmiral

I'm not just the weed guy in my aspiring young band but I also have between 2 and 20 of everything band related if anyone needs anything .

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Fuck you Fretsong guitars"
― hardvalve

https://formalblack.com/

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2