Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
WTB Demeter TGP-3 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 1027
Location: Pantera, TX.
Image

Jimmy Hoffa will prolly turn-up before a used one of these goes up for sale. But you never know till you try.

_________________
sound clip: http://www.tonefinder.com/files/841504978622-wiygn2.mp3

"This thread is weird."


Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:15 am
Profile
Online
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm
Posts: 12282
Step 1: Buy a Kemper
Step 2: Buy these profiles http://bighairyprofiles.com/item/bhp-dmtr-profile-pack

Not sure how accurate (or financially sound) the above advice is :lol:


Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:19 am
Profile
Online
clipless

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 am
Posts: 16937
Location: just outside of Philly
pretty financially sound - if this listing on Reverb.com is any indication!

3,500.00 with Make-An-Offer enabled..........


Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:04 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 1027
Location: Pantera, TX.
mamberg wrote:
pretty financially sound - if this listing on Reverb.com is any indication!

3,500.00 with Make-An-Offer enabled..........

I called Demeter a few months ago. They will build you a new one for $2K.

There was one in Austin a while back for $1K, but I was too late.

$3,500 is just retarded.

_________________
sound clip: http://www.tonefinder.com/files/841504978622-wiygn2.mp3

"This thread is weird."


Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:10 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 1027
Location: Pantera, TX.
Does anyone ever sell these things?

:idk:

_________________
sound clip: http://www.tonefinder.com/files/841504978622-wiygn2.mp3

"This thread is weird."


Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:55 pm
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm
Posts: 14872
I know Doyle of Misfits runs TWO TGP-3's through Ampeg SVT bass amps. When we played with them a few gigs in FL his live tone was crushing! I also love his tone on the American Psycho and Famous Monsters albums.

_________________
_____________________________________________________

I have some gear and junk...

Like Coffee? Like Pedals and amps? Like General Jackassery???

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

:evil: FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD :evil:


Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 1027
Location: Pantera, TX.
JerEvil wrote:
I know Doyle of Misfits runs TWO TGP-3's through Ampeg SVT bass amps. When we played with them a few gigs in FL his live tone was crushing! I also love his tone on the American Psycho and Famous Monsters albums.

The schematic for these things is evidently a closely guarded secret, as well.

Can't dig up anything on 'em.

It's a niche tone, for sure. Not something everyone would gravitate towards.

But they must be something special if no one ever turns loose of them. :bow:

_________________
sound clip: http://www.tonefinder.com/files/841504978622-wiygn2.mp3

"This thread is weird."


Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:02 pm
Profile
Online
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 am
Posts: 11119
Location: Ill uh Noise
I owned the 75 watt head version with a Toroidal power transformer. One of the better do it all Fender/Marshall channel switchers I have owned. They are stellar amps, and don't blame you for wanting one. It was covered in really ugly Tweed though, I traded it for some gear back in the 90s, don't remember what. Those and the Matchless were standouts from that era, and Classics.

_________________
Seize the opportunity of a lifetime, during the lifetime of the opportunity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It always amazes me when these guys want to tell "their side of the story"

News flash: your product IS your side of the story. It tells everything we need to know.

- Guitarbilly


Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:20 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 1027
Location: Pantera, TX.
hardvalve wrote:
I owned the 75 watt head version with a Toroidal power transformer. One of the better do it all Fender/Marshall channel switchers I have owned. They are stellar amps, and don't blame you for wanting one. It was covered in really ugly Tweed though, I traded it for some gear back in the 90s, don't remember what. Those and the Matchless were standouts from that era, and Classics.

Right, the first channel is supposed to be a clone of a Fender Bassman, the second a Marshall PLexi, and three is basically what you hear on "Three Strange Days" and Core by STP.. right?

_________________
sound clip: http://www.tonefinder.com/files/841504978622-wiygn2.mp3

"This thread is weird."


Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:22 pm
Profile
Online
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 am
Posts: 11119
Location: Ill uh Noise
Albert Ross wrote:
hardvalve wrote:
I owned the 75 watt head version with a Toroidal power transformer. One of the better do it all Fender/Marshall channel switchers I have owned. They are stellar amps, and don't blame you for wanting one. It was covered in really ugly Tweed though, I traded it for some gear back in the 90s, don't remember what. Those and the Matchless were standouts from that era, and Classics.

Right, the first channel is supposed to be a clone of a Fender Bassman, the second a Marshall PLexi, and three is basically what you hear on "Three Strange Days" and Core by STP.. right?


As someone who was not super into STP, hard to say. The first 2 are correct, with the 3rd being a more modern channel, but a little dark , I could see grunge tones there. I know STP used these, but it was More AIC for me. I think of of it like, i shine a thrash tone but a little darker and thicker. More dark than a Plexi, but it as heavy as Death metal tones. I would play one first, see if it is what you are going for. That is super hard, because they are mostly made to order now. I played mine for like a month at Speir music in Garland, Tx, before buying it. Bought the amp and a Valley Arts Larry Carlton guitar with P-90 style pickups. Sounded kick ass, and I was in a huge Carlton, Ford kick at the time. Lived on the 1st channel, and 2nd for leads, 3rd only for heavier rhythm tones. Would love to revisit one again, but not too available or cheap. This was in 1992 by the way, so a little hazey. Sonny Landreth plays one, and I like it better than his Dumble live. Sounds amazing.

_________________
Seize the opportunity of a lifetime, during the lifetime of the opportunity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It always amazes me when these guys want to tell "their side of the story"

News flash: your product IS your side of the story. It tells everything we need to know.

- Guitarbilly


Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:09 pm
Profile
Online
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm
Posts: 12282
...7 months later I get around to checking out the vids on the Kemper equivalents. There are some good sounding profiles in here.
phpBB [video]


Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:30 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 1027
Location: Pantera, TX.
JiveTurkey wrote:
...7 months later I get around to checking out the vids on the Kemper equivalents. There are some good sounding profiles in here.
phpBB [video]

That guy does some real good gear demos. I actually saw that clip a while back.

Still have a gear boner for the TGP-3 tho'

:fap:

_________________
sound clip: http://www.tonefinder.com/files/841504978622-wiygn2.mp3

"This thread is weird."


Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:42 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 am
Posts: 1027
Location: Pantera, TX.
Not no more!

Scored a TGP-3 from, of all places, the Kerrville Daily Times classifieds. :lol:

$650

Dude said, "It used to sound awesome, but I don't play it anymore because it sounds thin now."

99% sure all this thing needs a re-tube and to be re-capped is all.

:hug:

_________________
sound clip: http://www.tonefinder.com/files/841504978622-wiygn2.mp3

"This thread is weird."


Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:07 am
Posts: 1715
HOLY SSHITJESUS. I was laughing at how you will never be able to find that preamp and then that... FUCKER!


Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:07 am
Posts: 1715
If you ever want to sell that, hit me up first. PM, email, whatever.


Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:38 am
Profile
Online
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 31791
Location: Sliding Hills, CA
I regret to inform you that Albert Ross suffered a fatal arrow wound to the face a few months ago.

Sorry for your loss.

_________________
http://www.formalblack.com

GuitarBilly wrote:
..you're a full time Marshall guy now..


Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group