Maple top
5 piece maple/walnut neck w/AANJ neck joint - bolt on
17" radius
24 jumbo frets
Small pearl dot inlays
Gibraltar Plus bridge (hardtail)
Gotoh SG381 tuner

Sound:
What does it sound like? This sounds like the smaller hammer of God.....it's not a LP, and doesn't pretend to be. However, it IS a gnarly guitar with a mahog body and maple top with some sick pickups in it. I bought this used with a DiMarzio Deactivator in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. I dig the fact that it's light but sounds and sustains like a much heavier guitar. I use this with an interface and a couple go to sims....the Mercuriall U530 and their Spark, and it sounds awesome. I use this for drop tuned metal....currently it's in drop B, for slower sludgy shit, but it's capable of much faster tones and tunes, no problem.

Feel, fit and finish:
This is no honeymoon shit, this is one of the best guitars I've played, and this is coming from a guy that owns multiple LPs, including an '89 Les Paul Custom and a custom built LP from a great luthier, not to mention a couple higher end LTDs and a few ESPs. Build quality is solid as fuck....it just FEELS like a solid guitar, from the second you pick it up. There's just nothing wrong. Neck is Barry Allen fast, action low as the Mole people.

Service & Reliability:
It's an Ibanez, if I have any issues I'll hit Rich at Ibanezrules.com and get dat shit sorted quick thanks very much.

Ease of use:
It's volume and tone plus a coil split. Don't fuck this up ya'll.

Overall:
This is a seriously good guitar...and I discounted them for years because 'Ibanez have thin necks and that sucks'...I was wrong. This is a solid guitar for anyone looking for a deal. It sounds monstrous, once you upgrade the pickups. I've had a DiMarzio Deactivator and an SD Distortion in it, and it kills....the SD sounds like Sepultura's Roots tones......just big, hairy and thick. It's badass for doom and sludge, but you can get whatever you want out of this guitar, for real.

Pictures:

Wanted to throw this in because I couldn't find any comparison shots of the neck....first is the RGA, next is an ESP thin U, last is my GT custom with a baseball bat neck for sure:

ImageNecks by Lord Funktfied, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by Lord Funktfied, on Flickr

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:11 pm
Hall of Fame Member

that thing looks slick. Dibs if you end up selling it!

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:17 am
Hall of Fame Member

Holy-diver wrote:
that thing looks slick. Dibs if you end up selling it!

You are number 5. I'll put you on the list lol.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:04 pm
Registered Member

That looks great! Have you sold it?

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:21 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, but to a local buddy with the caveat that I get to buy it back. Needed orchestral stuff lol.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:56 pm
Registered Member

Dear god what a beautiful piece!! I love that light wood color!

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:04 am
Hall of Fame Member

I almost bought one of these years ago... They had it at GC new for $700. I don't know why I didn't pull the trigger on it; especially considering that I literally had dreams of this guitar. I am glad that you got one! I have been keeping my eye out for one of these in great condition or the model above it (RGA321FM Prestige).

Cole

Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rev. G, Mark III Blue Stripe
Rivera Knucklehead 100, Knucklehead Tré, M100
Cabs
Hughes & Kettner CC412 (UK Greenbacks)
Rivera K4121T (UK Vintage 30s)
Splawn 2x12 (Eminence CV-75)
Splawn 2x12 (Fane Medusa 100)
Splawn 2x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I've got an RGA121 and I totally agree with you. Great guitars irrespective of price point. The finish on the back of the neck feels beautiful and the fretwork is on par with booteek brands. The guitar is a bit picky with pickups, though. I've got a nazgul/sentient set in there that sounds pretty damned good, though.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]