Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
WTF Reaper? 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 7583
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
So I keep a lot of our drumjams on my desktop and chuck em into Reaper for background when jamming around...sometimes I want em faster and I used to just change the BPMs a bit.

Suddenly with this new comp setup it doesn't work anymore....and I can't find any setting to change it. Anyone know what the fuck is up with this?

Literally used to just change the BPMs and the wav for the drums would change accordingly, but no longer. Halp plz?

EDIT: solved.

Gremlins. Apparently there’s a certain default setting; was on it, but changed it to something else and back again and all is right with the world. Whatever Reaper, suck my dick.


Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:30 pm
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 31188
Location: In an unsafe space
Yeah it will soon be time for me to move on from Reaper. It served its purpose but its free/cheap for a reason.

_________________
http://www.formalblack.com

Albert Ross wrote:
Mike won't play. He backs down every time this comes up... :idk:


Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am
Posts: 7583
Location: Surrounded by Mormons
MR RUBATO wrote:
Yeah it will soon be time for me to move on from Reaper. It served its purpose but its free/cheap for a reason.


I dunno man, it's pretty deep, and still good.....only thing I think I might move onto is Logic as there are a ton of Macs in this pad.

I think every DAW has it's glitches...

Whaddaya thinking you're moving onto?


Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 31188
Location: In an unsafe space
Steinmetzify wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
Yeah it will soon be time for me to move on from Reaper. It served its purpose but its free/cheap for a reason.


I dunno man, it's pretty deep, and still good.....only thing I think I might move onto is Logic as there are a ton of Macs in this pad.

I think every DAW has it's glitches...

Whaddaya thinking you're moving onto?


I’m not sure yet. I might try free basic versions of things and go based off of smoothest intuitive feel for me and just run with it. I’ve learned that workflow is key to productivity. Every little snag in the process in one way or another can affect creativity. I’d like to find the daw that has the least amount of those as possible.

_________________
http://www.formalblack.com

Albert Ross wrote:
Mike won't play. He backs down every time this comes up... :idk:


Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:22 pm
Profile
GABmiral

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 10142
MR RUBATO wrote:
Steinmetzify wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
Yeah it will soon be time for me to move on from Reaper. It served its purpose but its free/cheap for a reason.


I dunno man, it's pretty deep, and still good.....only thing I think I might move onto is Logic as there are a ton of Macs in this pad.

I think every DAW has it's glitches...

Whaddaya thinking you're moving onto?


I’m not sure yet. I might try free basic versions of things and go based off of smoothest intuitive feel for me and just run with it. I’ve learned that workflow is key to productivity. Every little snag in the process in one way or another can affect creativity. I’d like to find the daw that has the least amount of those as possible.


If you're going to continue further with electronic music, you might want to consider giving Ableton Live Lite a try. The paid version of Ableton (spendy!) seems to be quite popular with the electronic music crowd.

_________________
Telephant wrote:
Go gome you drunk, gaffot. :lol:


Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 31188
Location: In an unsafe space
Fat Fish wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
Steinmetzify wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
Yeah it will soon be time for me to move on from Reaper. It served its purpose but its free/cheap for a reason.


I dunno man, it's pretty deep, and still good.....only thing I think I might move onto is Logic as there are a ton of Macs in this pad.

I think every DAW has it's glitches...

Whaddaya thinking you're moving onto?


I’m not sure yet. I might try free basic versions of things and go based off of smoothest intuitive feel for me and just run with it. I’ve learned that workflow is key to productivity. Every little snag in the process in one way or another can affect creativity. I’d like to find the daw that has the least amount of those as possible.


If you're going to continue further with electronic music, you might want to consider giving Ableton Live Lite a try. The paid version of Ableton (spendy!) seems to be quite popular with the electronic music crowd.


Yeah I’ve heard about that. But I’m not planning on going in that direction. I’d like a DAW that supports electronic music production well, but I’m more interested in recording the rock band stuff.

_________________
http://www.formalblack.com

Albert Ross wrote:
Mike won't play. He backs down every time this comes up... :idk:


Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:22 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am
Posts: 18112
Location: The Bassment
y'all just stay with reaper until you are ready to throw down for PT or Cubase . I can't think of a reason you would need to do that though . Reaper seems totally full featured and they are often updating and improving things so save your ducats . Upgrade in pres , cans , hardware , vsti , vst's etc etc .

_________________
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more”
― Nikola Tesla

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Fuck you Fretsong guitars"
― hardvalve


https://formalblack.com/


Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:20 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group