Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
ma new friend * Lurssen Mastering Console 
Author Message
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am
Posts: 18112
Location: The Bassment
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/lurssen/

I'm really liking this thing , get the demo and try it . You still need ears and it can be abused but it really does help tweak a master track if you take the time . Also if you have IK points use them toward this for a wee discount . Using it as a standalone or in a DAW or take it to your car on the pad or other playbacks for comparison and tweaking . The presets have stupid names like "heavy metal" or "pop" but don't let that fool you use them on Jazz or whatever they have very different signal chains and one may be just what you needed despite the preset name . Rock

Image

_________________
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more”
― Nikola Tesla

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Fuck you Fretsong guitars"
― hardvalve


https://formalblack.com/


Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:14 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 31188
Location: In an unsafe space
I will consider buying. I did start to find out last night why I could never get my slate mastering plug to work right, but still I'm not convinced it will do the job as well as this one.

_________________
http://www.formalblack.com

Albert Ross wrote:
Mike won't play. He backs down every time this comes up... :idk:


Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm
Posts: 14428
MR RUBATO wrote:
I will consider buying. I did start to find out last night why I could never get my slate mastering plug to work right, but still I'm not convinced it will do the job as well as this one.

You mean the FG-X?

_________________
_____________________________________________________

I have some gear and junk...

Like Coffee? Like Pedals and amps? Like General Jackassery???

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

:evil: FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD :evil:


Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 31188
Location: In an unsafe space
JerEvil wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
I will consider buying. I did start to find out last night why I could never get my slate mastering plug to work right, but still I'm not convinced it will do the job as well as this one.

You mean the FG-X?


Yeah man. I started understanding it better last night. I didn't really get how it worked. I was slamming up the gain and slamming down the on board compressor in the past, thinking that the compressor was how it was getting its limiting :lol:

But it's limiter is stand alone. It works without the other two components. You can use the other two components but you don't absolutely have to. So that was my mistake. Nontheless, Fretless is our/my mastering engineer. He's better at that part that I am, but I can do some decent mixing!

_________________
http://www.formalblack.com

Albert Ross wrote:
Mike won't play. He backs down every time this comes up... :idk:


Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am
Posts: 18112
Location: The Bassment
I don't know about that . I have some killer plugs a ton of UAD and Stillwell , IK and who knows but this thing is more built in , depending on a preset it will make a chain , like EQ , Tube Comp , deesser , Limiter etc etc so it puts them together for you . But what I like is the main eq you see in that pic , the 5 bands sweepable really dials in/out stuff that may be mud or it adds punch or clarity . It's extremely effective , adjusting as you listen just seems to react like a piece of hardware more than the usual software tweaks . You can hear just 1dB and that may be all you need to add the sheen or punch or cut the mud . Try it is a freakin demo . btw huge IK fanboi here so yeah

_________________
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more”
― Nikola Tesla

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Fuck you Fretsong guitars"
― hardvalve


https://formalblack.com/


Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:17 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm
Posts: 14428
fretless wrote:
I don't know about that . I have some killer plugs a ton of UAD and Stillwell , IK and who knows but this thing is more built in , depending on a preset it will make a chain , like EQ , Tube Comp , deesser , Limiter etc etc so it puts them together for you . But what I like is the main eq you see in that pic , the 5 bands sweepable really dials in/out stuff that may be mud or it adds punch or clarity . It's extremely effective , adjusting as you listen just seems to react like a piece of hardware more than the usual software tweaks . You can hear just 1dB and that may be all you need to add the sheen or punch or cut the mud . Try it is a freakin demo . btw huge IK fanboi here so yeah

I will likely download the trial and see what's what.

_________________
_____________________________________________________

I have some gear and junk...

Like Coffee? Like Pedals and amps? Like General Jackassery???

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

:evil: FRYETTE DEATH SQUAD :evil:


Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:37 am
Profile
GABmiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am
Posts: 18112
Location: The Bassment
you will dig it

_________________
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more”
― Nikola Tesla

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Fuck you Fretsong guitars"
― hardvalve


https://formalblack.com/


Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group