Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
New Gmc commercial 
GABmiral

So, you want to be a good guy? A good husband? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna drive a gmc? Close! If not you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you'll all be a bunch of losers sitting around the bar. " oh yeah, I used to be a salesman. It's a tough racket. "

My Album For Sale!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Albert Ross wrote:
phpBB [video]

That was amazing, especially the very last part.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It always amazes me when these guys want to tell "their side of the story"

News flash: your product IS your side of the story. It tells everything we need to know.

- Guitarbilly

Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:57 pm
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:
So, you want to be a good guy? A good husband? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna drive a gmc? Close! If not you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you'll all be a bunch of losers sitting around the bar. " oh yeah, I used to be a salesman. It's a tough racket. "

GMC seems to be borrowing a page from Lincoln in the brazenly stupid marketing category. Their product is ok but but the ads seem really gimmicky.

Like what's this "well put together man" nonsense? As someone who always looks disheveled, I take offense.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:21 am
GABmiral

Wayne wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:

GMC seems to be borrowing a page from Lincoln in the brazenly stupid marketing category. Their product is ok but but the ads seem really gimmicky.

Like what's this "well put together man" nonsense? As someone who always looks disheveled, I take offense.

I just couldn't get over how much the beginning sounded like the Mitch & Murray sales conference on Glengarry Glenross.

Nice guy? Good Husband? It sounded like Alex Baldwin. "I don't give a shit. Put that coffee DOWN." Etc.

My Album For Sale!

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

BroSlinger wrote:
Wayne wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:

I just couldn't get over how much the beginning sounded like the Mitch & Murray sales conference on Glengarry Glenross.

Nice guy? Good Husband? It sounded like Alex Baldwin. "I don't give a shit. Put that coffee DOWN." Etc.

:lol: It' been a while since I saw that.

You mean this one? yes the attitude is kind of laughable. "The whole thing smacks of effort." :cup:

phpBB [video]

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:30 am
GABmiral

Decent person? Fine Human Being? Fuck you! Coffee's for closers. You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an $80,000 BMW. THAT's my name

My Album For Sale!

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:34 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Idk... they seem to hit every buzz word used by office bros.

Like a boss?

I'm surprised they didn't say beast mode, but probably realized that's a term more reserved for locker room talk with the bros. This is how their demographic talks to each other.

Dour appearance of the bros, longing looks out of the board room after a meeting they won, blonde haired kid playing with a golden retriever...

It's Murrica for the non-Monster energy drinking group that avoids Walmart in favor of farm to table craft marketing. Pretty straight forward.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:17 am
GABmiral

Albert Ross wrote:
Had not seen that GMC ad before.

Yet more confirmation that people who work in "marketing" are soulless, materialistic, tripe-spewing lemmings that actually think like that... :wank:

In my experience the absolute worst part about the type of people who devised and produced that ad is that they cannot fathom that other people do not think that way, and would not only not be motivated by that ad - but would actually be repulsed by it.

The junior VP that wants to appear tough with a truck, but his trust fund dictates a certain standard in life would disagree.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:19 am
Hall of Fame Member

Dave wrote:
Albert Ross wrote:
Had not seen that GMC ad before.

Yet more confirmation that people who work in "marketing" are soulless, materialistic, tripe-spewing lemmings that actually think like that... :wank:

In my experience the absolute worst part about the type of people who devised and produced that ad is that they cannot fathom that other people do not think that way, and would not only not be motivated by that ad - but would actually be repulsed by it.

The junior VP that wants to appear tough with a truck, but his trust fund dictates a certain standard in life would disagree.

Hey now. That sounds like me.

“We're going to have a great relationship with Putin and Russia.” 4/16
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.” 7/16

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:32 am
GABmiral

No hate from me. I think they make nice trucks. I just get their ad, and I work with the target demographic.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:54 am
Hall of Fame Member

I see the ad as flagrantly anti-American in its philosophy. Employee of the month? Parent of the Year? Useless honors are things Europeans bestow on each other to get suckers to do self-destructive things. George Washington even disliked war medals because he saw them as a way for kings to control their minions. Americans feel sorry for the "put together" men stuck with such an insane belief system and warped sense of priorities.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:36 am
Hall of Fame Member

There seems to be a current marketing trend for us to buy shit in order to be a "real man". I drop this ad right in that bucket.

jnurp wrote:
Probably the most metal pet ever.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 am
Hall of Fame Member

Albert Ross wrote:

Yet more confirmation that people who work in "marketing" are soulless, materialistic, tripe-spewing lemmings....

Guilty as charged. #marketingdirector

:lol:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:49 am
GABmiral

Wayne wrote:
I see the ad as flagrantly anti-American in its philosophy. Employee of the month? Parent of the Year? Useless honors are things Europeans bestow on each other to get suckers to do self-destructive things. George Washington even disliked war medals because he saw them as a way for kings to control their minions. Americans feel sorry for the "put together" men stuck with such an insane belief system and warped sense of priorities.

It must be frustrating to be poor and stupid. Never quite understanding the life you've never been a part of, struggling through Nirvana covers, lashing out from your used Cadillac.

PM me if you ever need to talk, Wayne. I'm sure the urge to have a bleach martini is strong, but vent on here all you want until it passes.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:56 am
Hall of Fame Member

Albert Ross wrote:
Dave wrote:
It must be frustrating to be poor and stupid. Never quite understanding the life you've never been a part of, struggling through Nirvana covers, lashing out from your used Cadillac.

PM me if you ever need to talk, Wayne. I'm sure the urge to have a bleach martini is strong, but vent on here all you want until it passes.

I first read that as "beach martini".

:lol: the funniest part is Dave is serious. He actually hates me. That's why you see these random outbursts.

You see he's mad because of a few threads a million years ago where I made him look stupider than usual.

BTW Dave, as explained before, the Caddy is long gone. Sometimes I miss it, but not usually. My current car is all paid off, and has been for years. How are you doing with those Honda payments? Enjoying sending your hard-earned money to their marketing machine? Not so fun now that your vanity thread has gone cold. Oh well. At least the bosses in Japan will be having fun with your money. :party:

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:47 am
GABmiral

Vent away, friend. This is a safe place.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 am
GABmiral

Buttplugs for all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News flash: your product IS your side of the story. It tells everything we need to know.

- Guitarbilly

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:03 am
Hall of Fame Member

ok so now you want to slink away bitchily. Very well. See you around.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:03 am
GABmiral

It's okay, buddy. If you want to keep going, I'm right here. Just let it all out.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:07 am
GABmiral

I admit I sat through that vid for the cute skanks .

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:33 am
Hall of Fame Member

fretless wrote:
I admit I sat through that vid for the cute skanks .

I sat thru it for the one chick in the white shirt. She had perky tits and I enjoy that.

I want to punch Mahk in the face. At least twice.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:53 pm
Hall of Fame Member

I don't have TV... haven't watched a commercial in a decade. I'll buy a GMC when they stop making utter pieces of shit.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:36 pm
GABmiral

madryan wrote:
I don't have TV... haven't watched a commercial in a decade. I'll buy a GMC when they stop making utter pieces of shit.

This x 1000000000000000000000000000000000

- Guitarbilly

Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:02 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Nothing was worse than those Daimler-Chrysler ads featuring Dr. Z.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:35 am

They have a new version of this commercial out that is even worse, they stripped out all of the unessential elements and left the pure assholish parts. It even more directly resembles glengarry glen ross now. It annoyed me so much I searched the web for anyone else mentioning it and it brought me to this thread, the only place on the internet anyone has seemed to make this connection to Alec Baldwin's 'coffee is for closers' speech. Thankfully I play guitar and own amps so I am able to in good faith post a response. Good day.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 pm
clipless

:welcome:
Stick around, your off to a good start!

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Welcome to the fold brother - this is the best guitar/amp forum on the interwebznet! :rawk:

What kind of gear do you own?

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks - Amp wise I’ve unloaded all my big Amps right now I have a magic Amps Princeton clone, vox ac10 , gries 5, vox pathfinder, Roland jc 22

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Those GMC suvs are pretty nice looking design wise.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:27 am
GABmiral

tantamo wrote:
They have a new version of this commercial out that is even worse, they stripped out all of the unessential elements and left the pure assholish parts. It even more directly resembles glengarry glen ross now. It annoyed me so much I searched the web for anyone else mentioning it and it brought me to this thread, the only place on the internet anyone has seemed to make this connection to Alec Baldwin's 'coffee is for closers' speech. Thankfully I play guitar and own amps so I am able to in good faith post a response. Good day.

YES! Welcome!!

My Album For Sale!

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Chris Z wrote:
Those GMC suvs are pretty nice looking design wise.

And very cheap sticker prices :rofl:

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 am
Hall of Fame Member

Enjoy your shitty reindeer:

phpBB [video]

And your poor person snowman:

phpBB [video]

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:10 am
Hall of Fame Member

White people were calling 'Racist' on the first one.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 am
Hall of Fame Member

Pepi wrote:

The casting was pretty good. Those two actresses took a turd of a script and made it a little funny. I would watch them again.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am
Hall of Fame Member

Wayne wrote:
Pepi wrote:

The casting was pretty good. Those two actresses took a turd of a script and made it a little funny. I would watch them again.

The lady with the GMC could ride in my GMC anyday :love:

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 am
Hall of Fame Member

phpBB [video]

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 am
Hall of Fame Member

Location: I came here to give presents and punch heretics ... and I just ran out of presents.
Wayne wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:
Wayne wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:

:lol: It' been a while since I saw that.

You mean this one? yes the attitude is kind of laughable. "The whole thing smacks of effort." :cup:

phpBB [video]

:phair:

The text sounds like it was generated entirely by computer algorithm.
:crazy:

Dave wrote:
Draelyc - can write a solid song, and play tasty leads despite his internal neurotic tendencies. Despite a million debates raging in his head over string guage, pickup height, Pete Townshend's sexual history, and pick material he makes his Shiva give up the goods. Plus his unplugged electric tone... well... it exists.

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:57 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Fuck GMC

- Guitarbilly

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:30 pm
GABmiral

BroSlinger wrote:
tantamo wrote:

YES! Welcome!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:41 am
GABmiral

Dave wrote:

ROFL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unstrung wrote:
ya it am bast

Rampage wrote:
When life hands you distortion, fuck everything else.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]