Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
California Fires - LA GAB DUDES, hope you're OK 
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Bajeebuz! LA hills and canyons look like volcanos covered with lava! Hope you LA dudes are OK.

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd. :rawk:

Last edited by ajaxlepinski on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:58 pm
GABmiral

Not a good situation at all.

Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:15 pm
GABmiral

It’s pretty wild. But it’s also one of those things. It’s just weird that it’s happening in December. But remember that last year was wet as fuck and for a long time. We didn’t have a real fire season, and we usually have annual fires.

Several years ago this song was written, which was during an insane wildfire run in multiple places all surrounding LA.

phpBB [video]

Albert Ross wrote:
Mike won't play. He backs down every time this comes up... :idk:

Last edited by MR RUBATO on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Kali is burning down :cry:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:21 am
GABmiral

I'm good , it looks like it was trying to get the Getty . J. Paul upset the Gods ?

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

"Fuck you Fretsong guitars"
― hardvalve

https://formalblack.com/

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:39 am
GABmiral

fretless wrote:
I'm good , it looks like it was trying to get the Getty . J. Paul upset the Gods ?

I’ve seen twitter posts from fly over loons saying that God is punishing Cali cause we’re the new Sodom and Gomorrah, and we don’t love Jesús. :lol:

Albert Ross wrote:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 am
clipless

MR RUBATO wrote:
fretless wrote:

I’ve seen twitter posts from fly over loons saying that God is punishing Cali cause we’re the new Sodom and Gomorrah, and we don’t love Jesús. :lol:

sounds legit

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 am
GABmiral

Jesus loves a good fire.

Especially when it burns Sinners.

Fuck yeah sounds bad ass to me!!! You really need a trashy rock band dude. This shit is glorious. I would totes chug whiskey and punch somebodies girlfriend in the front of row of this show. Zero fucks! :lol:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 am
Hall of Fame Member

Fires?!?. then one day just falling into the ocean like a crumbling saltine cracker?? Must be rough

Like vinyl? Wanna spend some money? Maybe buy this! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38142

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:37 am
Hall of Fame Member

We're between two of them -- the Creek fire, which is about 15 miles northeast from us; and the Skirball fire about 13 miles south of us. I even saw the smoke from the Ventura/Thomas fire which is like 50 miles away when I was leaving work on Tuesday. All this smoke makes for eerie sunrises and sunsets, but I hardly smell them because of the direction the wind blows. My work is closed due to an "abundance of caution" for today and tomorrow so I have an unexpected 4-day weekend.

I read a headline of a young family who had just moved into their new home on Tuesday only to have it burn down.

Then there's that story of about 30 horses burning to death. I saw footage on the local news of one of the horses that survived, and the poor thing looked like a standing carcass. One eye was like . . . gone.

It's times like these when I feel that I have too much gear. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on some things I was GASing for. if anything, I need to shed.

Those firefighters . . . when they work, they work. God bless 'em.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 am
Hall of Fame Member

Live video from California.

phpBB [video]

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:32 am
GABmiral

EndTime wrote:
Fires?!?. then one day just falling into the ocean like a crumbling saltine cracker?? Must be rough

That whole falling into the ocean is highly unlikely. The San Andreas isn't a divergent fault line.

But still, learn to swim...

Albert Ross wrote:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 am
Hall of Fame Member

I grew up in Oxnard / Ventura. We've always dealt with fires, its a natural cycle of the desert we live in, and its not like we've slowed down building houses and communities wherever they'll fit. However, I don't ever recall seeing it this bad. That story about the horses makes my heart hurt. :cry:

In better news, Rupert Murdoch's $30M mansion burned down.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:22 am
GABmiral

MR RUBATO wrote:
EndTime wrote:

That whole falling into the ocean is highly unlikely. The San Andreas isn't a divergent fault line.

But still, learn to swim...

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.

Seriously looking to buy soon-to-be beachfront property in AZ.

Gear
  • CEOwLP (Sig T), Carvin DC135, Squier strat
  • DSL100H, 1960AX, Mark III, homebrew 2x12 (C90 / EVM12L Thiele), '73 Fender Pro Reverb, POD HD500X (Church rig), JCA50H
  • PLX GABion, Crybaby, Small Clone, DL8, MXR108, Algal clone, Pharaoh (thanks Greg :bow:)

DIY

Help out MISTER NOBODY: https://www.gofundme.com/34f76sf4

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am
GABmiral

itchyfingers wrote:
I grew up in Oxnard / Ventura. We've always dealt with fires, its a natural cycle of the desert we live in, and its not like we've slowed down building houses and communities wherever they'll fit. However, I don't ever recall seeing it this bad. That story about the horses makes my heart hurt. :cry:

My old boss has a mansion in the hills and the fire was 50 yards from his house, but it seems to have passed him by.

Albert Ross wrote:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 am
GABmiral

MR RUBATO wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:

My old boss has a mansion in the hills and the fire was 50 yards from his house, but it seems to have passed him by.

Soros funded liberal conspiracy

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 am
GABmiral

TurboPablo wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:

Actually I head that Trump lit the fires to kill as many liberals as possible.

Albert Ross wrote:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:22 am
GABmiral

MR RUBATO wrote:
TurboPablo wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:

So Murdoch's mansion is collateral damage or a cover scheme?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 am
clipless

MR RUBATO wrote:
TurboPablo wrote:
MR RUBATO wrote:
itchyfingers wrote:

sounds legit

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:37 am
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
Glad everyone is doing OK.

Watch some vids of the wind blowing sparks down a street like a blast furnace smelting iron into steel... cray cray!

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd. :rawk:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 pm
Hall of Fame Member

Best of luck dudes, stay safe.

https://www.reverbnation.com/karakorum/ ... ant-it-all
https://www.reverbnation.com/karakorum/ ... -like-that

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 am
Hall of Fame Member

Much mojo, everyone stay safe.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 am
GABmiral

Allow me to mirror the positive vibes/mojo already on display :hug: Stay safe dudes!

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:28 am
GABmiral

It is insane.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It always amazes me when these guys want to tell "their side of the story"

News flash: your product IS your side of the story. It tells everything we need to know.

- Guitarbilly

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]