Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
Guilty pleasure Wednesday 
Hall of Fame Member

Location: I came here to give presents and punch heretics ... and I just ran out of presents.
Doesn't have to be good, just fun. :D The more ridiculous, the better. :beavis:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Dave wrote:
Draelyc - can write a solid song, and play tasty leads despite his internal neurotic tendencies. Despite a million debates raging in his head over string guage, pickup height, Pete Townshend's sexual history, and pick material he makes his Shiva give up the goods. Plus his unplugged electric tone... well... it exists.

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:56 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Michael Kiske is never a guilty pleasure. Dude f**king rips. I will be attending the Helloween reunion tour this fall and loving every minute of it.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:01 am
Hall of Fame Member

Location: I came here to give presents and punch heretics ... and I just ran out of presents.
JiveTurkey wrote:
Michael Kiske is never a guilty pleasure. Dude f**king rips. I will be attending the Helloween reunion tour this fall and loving every minute of it.

\m/ :love: \m/

Dave wrote:
Draelyc - can write a solid song, and play tasty leads despite his internal neurotic tendencies. Despite a million debates raging in his head over string guage, pickup height, Pete Townshend's sexual history, and pick material he makes his Shiva give up the goods. Plus his unplugged electric tone... well... it exists.

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

As I listen to this track...what album is it off of? Must be Pink Bubbles or a later album (post Keepers) I never listened to. He recently got back with Kai Hansen in the band Unisonic. Good stuff if you enjoyed their collaborations in the past albeit in a more hard rock than metal vein.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 am
Hall of Fame Member

I think this was off of Chameleon... :idk: Don't think it was Kai. Not sure.

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
One of my favorites....
Aside from playing with them a few times, I saw them in a tiny pub, in England called the Sir George Roby in 1990 and slam danced!!! Those were the days... :rawk:
Love that little scream he does at the beginning. :lol:
phpBB [video]

And, since no one can understand WTF Wattie is saying:

The countdown has started to go
Computers are locked on their foes
The president is on his way
Down to live another day
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
The fail safety mechanism is off
The baby lies sleeping in its cot
The mother reads her magazine
Her son's in the kitchen eating ice cream
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
The 4 minutes warning starts to go
Soon you'll be dead you'll never know
It's started to lift off its pad
It's on its way isn't that sad
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
Thatcher is on her way
Down to the bunker for another day

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 am
Hall of Fame Member

ajaxlepinski wrote:
One of my favorites....
Aside from playing with them a few times, I saw them in a tiny pub, in England called the Sir George Roby in 1990 and slam danced!!! Those were the days... :rawk:
phpBB [video]

Down to live another day
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
Thatcher is on her way

Man, that is definitively punk, innit? :rawk:

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
draelyc wrote:
ajaxlepinski wrote:
One of my favorites....
phpBB [video]

Down to live another day
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Here we go
Thatcher is on her way

Man, that is definitively punk, innit? :rawk:

80's Hardcore Punk :thu:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 pm
GABmiral

I love this whole album.

phpBB [video]

CFH > SupaTrem 1 > OCD v2 > Alter Ego x4

Loop wrote:
Also, I hate to bring this to light considering there are some feelings in this thread, but you misspelled "disappointed".

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:56 pm
Hall of Fame Member

If it’s going to be guilty, it’s going to be very guilty

phpBB [video]

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm
Hall of Fame Member

MacaroniSalad wrote:
If it’s going to be guilty, it’s going to be very guilty

Weird Al rules.

phpBB [video]

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:33 pm
Hall of Fame Member

YAAAAAASSSSSS!!!

Okay, so, we started out in the neighborhood of metal, but now this thread is officially Weird Al appreciation! :rawk:

phpBB [video]

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

phpBB [video]

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

His originals are better than many other folks', as well:

phpBB [video]

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

phpBB [video]

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 am
Hall of Fame Member

phpBB [video]

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:38 am
GABmiral

Heard this on the radio on Monday... took a few days to figure out who it was... groovy tune... funny vid...

phpBB [video]

This is a band from the surfing town of Biarritz, France...
phpBB [video]

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am
Hall of Fame Member

ajaxlepinski wrote:
Heard this on the radio on Monday... took a few days to figure out who it was... groovy tune... funny vid...

phpBB [video]

This is awesome! Play it at about 1/3 that tempo and Gene would be all over it, though! :o :idea: :thu:

Thanks for posting it, mang.

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Far too funky for my normal tastes, but…….

phpBB [video]

Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:16 am
GABmiral

The greatest
phpBB [video]

“I cannot be arsed with this right now”
― MISTER NOBODY™

Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 am
GABmiral

From Arizona..... THE STRANGE MEN!!!! They dressed in silver foil suits with mile high, blonde pompadours... just like in the photo on the vid.
Saw them in the 1990's - they had tons of energy.
phpBB [video]

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 am
Hall of Fame Member

DoubleBarrel wrote:

phpBB [video]

Ferguson played a show at the small community college where my dad worked back in the late '80s ~ I had never heard of him before that, so I didn't know what a big deal he had been a decade or so previous. His touring band at the time was phenomenal! :o

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

fretless wrote:
The greatest
phpBB [video]

Without question!

But I gotta call shenanigans for posting that in this thread. Hain't nuthin' guilty about that pleasure! :cop:

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

ajaxlepinski wrote:
From Arizona..... THE STRANGE MEN!!!! They dressed in silver foil suits with mile high, blonde pompadours... just like in the photo on the vid.
Saw them in the 1990's - they had tons of energy.
phpBB [video]

From the pic and your description, I expected much reverb. I was not disappointed. :cool:

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

draelyc wrote:
DoubleBarrel wrote:

phpBB [video]

Ferguson played a show at the small community college where my dad worked back in the late '80s ~ I had never heard of him before that, so I didn't know what a big deal he had been a decade or so previous. His touring band at the time was phenomenal! :o

My dad was a High School english teacher, and MF came and played a free show there. Got primo seats and he was awesome. Also saw Buddy Rich and Gino Vanelli there. Great shows, although Gino was waaaaay to into it. (see below) :lol: The music was great and Marc Craney was on drums (RIP).

phpBB [video]

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:01 am
GABmiral

The morn is starting off with a little
phpBB [video]

― MISTER NOBODY™

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:05 am
Hall of Fame Member

fretless wrote:
The morn is starting off with a little
phpBB [video]

Now we're cookin' with SPAM! :love:

Also, I see his string gauges are 8, 9, 12, 18, 26, 38! :eek:

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:07 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

how odd

― MISTER NOBODY™

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:54 am
Hall of Fame Member

It’s not Wednesday again yet, but I don’t care.

I’ve adored this song since I was a kid. No, I don’t care how galactically cheesy the video is. Or the song, for that matter. It rocks. Fight me. :lol:

phpBB [video]

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

phpBB [video]

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:20 am
GABmiral

phpBB [video]

one of the greatest ,simple but perfect... basslines ever laid to tape

― MISTER NOBODY™

Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 am
Hall of Fame Member

fretless wrote:
phpBB [video]

one of the greatest ,simple but perfect... basslines ever laid to tape

Werd. People forget that simple don't mean easy. :cop:

Dave wrote:

_______

MY REVERBNATION PAGE!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Love the movie, love the book, love this song & love Kate Bush. Not to mention the incredible solo by Ian Bairnson (Pilot, Alan Parsons Project) starting at 3:09.

phpBB [video]

A guitar solo and song so soulful, it evens sounds good backwards.

phpBB [video]

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 am
Hall of Fame Member

Some people might call these guys a guilty pleasure. I prefer to call them the best band that ever lived. :rawk: :beavis:

phpBB [video]

https://soundcloud.com/user-842070663/your-turn-to-cry

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 am
GABmiral

Duran Duran's best tune
phpBB [video]

― MISTER NOBODY™

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 am
Hall of Fame Member

phantogram
purity ring