Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Hum rules 
GABmiral

I just got "downward is heavenward". Dang, overall, it's better than You'd prefer an astronaut. And, that is saying something.

Amazing. I think they might have my favorite recorded guitar tone ever. Classic gear boosted, played loudly, miked a bunch of times, triple tracked, with chorus.

I think I based everything I've ever written on "stars".

My Album For Sale!

Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
With a review like that, I had to buy a copy... just purchased on eBay. :rawk:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 am
Hall of Fame Member

I've loved the album for a long time. Like since 2004 when I first got into them. I remember "Stars" off You'd Prefer an Astronaut when it was first came out on the radio in the 90's, but it wasn't until the early 2000's that I got into them. I think Downward is Heavenward is actually a stronger album than You'd Prefer an Astronaut, even though I love that album just as much.

2011 Fender Blacktop Telecaster (GFS Surf 90/SD Tele Vintage)

Loud Makers:
Jet City JCA50H head amp
Avatar Signature 2x12 (Greenbacks)

Stompy Do-hickies:
Line 6 Helix LT

GOODNIGHT GALLOWS

Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

My buddy who played drums in high school loved them, I thought they were OK. Time to revisit :call:

Wed May 16, 2018 7:43 am
GABmiral

ajaxlepinski wrote:

Did you like it?

I keep liking it more and more.

My Album For Sale!

Thu May 31, 2018 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Member

Thurston wrote:
My buddy who played drums in high school loved them, I thought they were OK. Time to revisit :call:

I kinda enjoyed Hum back in the 90's. But I revisited them about 10 years ago and was like, fuck how did I not love these guys? Same with Failure.

Ken Andrews of Failure has been trying to get Hum to put out a new album. I hope he's successful.

Music, get some.
Now streaming on Pandora and Spotify.
Buy from Bandcamp, iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon Music!

Echo Collider

Thu May 31, 2018 9:54 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Location: Same town as Lindsay Lohan, Amy Fisher, Joey Buttafucco & Debbie Gibson
BroSlinger wrote:
ajaxlepinski wrote:

Did you like it?

It's already growing on me....
During the first listen, I thought the guitars were a bit scratchy but, the songs were cool and they lyrics were interesting.
On the second listen, I didn't mind the guitar tone as much.
Defiantly great to listen to on my 90 min ride to work and 90 min ride home. It's trippy enough to take my mind off the road-rage but, busy enough to keep me awake... if that makes sense! :lol:

But when the hour is nigh, and the lights are low, and I got a little toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth, and my friends want to hear me play "Into the Void", or "TNT", "or "Cemetery Gates"...I plug my 600 dollar guitar into my 150 dollar amp, and I am a Rawk gawd.

Thu May 31, 2018 9:59 am
GABmiral

ajaxlepinski wrote:
BroSlinger wrote:
ajaxlepinski wrote:

Did you like it?

It's already growing on me....
During the first listen, I thought the guitars were a bit scratchy but, the songs were cool and they lyrics were interesting.
On the second listen, I didn't mind the guitar tone as much.
Defiantly great to listen to on my 90 min ride to work and 90 min ride home. It's trippy enough to take my mind off the road-rage but, busy enough to keep me awake... if that makes sense! :lol:

It DOES make sense. I drive my son to daycare every morning. It's like 20 minutes there, then 20 mins to work.

Track 5 just blows my mind. Pretty sure Talbott was on a psychedelic trip when the music and lyrics were inspired.

My Album For Sale!

Thu May 31, 2018 10:07 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Ok, so I've decided to turn this fucker off. It's making me not feel like myself.

I need to get back to depressed alcohol music. (Type O Negative, Morrissey, myself, etc.)

I am in an emotional hole/lull right now. I need to reconnect and reground.

My Album For Sale!

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:12 am
Profile WWW
GABmiral

Gene... listen to this as loud as your speakers can handle it. This song always makes me happy.
phpBB [video]

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]